Forums are back in action! ×

Are there many tabletop gamers around?

Harness

Does anyone have a link to safe DL for Redemption?

Lvl 1 Elven Minotaur Druid
Str: 3 |Dex: 1 |Sta: 4 |Con: 3 |Wis: 2 |Cha: 2

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty." Capt Malcolm Reynolds

"When you do something, you should burn yourself up completely, like a good bonfire, leaving no trace of yourself", Shunryu Suzuki

"Why do we fall down, Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up again." Thomas Wayne

My second-ish challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/29825-harness-rebooted/
When I get home I will send you the link.

Thanks! :D

"When you do something, you should burn yourself up completely, like a good bonfire, leaving no trace of yourself", Shunryu Suzuki

"Why do we fall down, Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up again." Thomas Wayne

My second-ish challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/29825-harness-rebooted/
I am picturing Short Round from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom in my head.

Could it be a group loyalty. As a whole the group saved him. Or we could save this event of meeting him for the first encounter and work out the story then?

Good starting point actually, same kind of loyalty, just think more dour and serious and a darker personality. That group loyalty could work if the storyline plays to it enough. He's a very eye for an eye, favor for a favor kind of person. I kinda see him having a kind of life bond kind of creed like chewbacca.

I have pms, probably about this, will check and respond at lunch.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

CoreyD- sounds like a character in a book I recently read (12, on his own, very stand-offish because he's been burned before, also has mysterious reasons as to why he was alone). In that particular case, the boy had been lurking near the group in the wilderness, trying to steal some of their food/equipment, was caught, and much to his surprise they fed him instead of filleting them, so he continued to follow them for a while in secret, misguidedly thinking he could help protect them for their kindness (in fact, I'd say that kid had the "overconfidence" complication: he literally thought he was the only one who could keep this "foolish" group safe, even though he was just a kid).

Anyway, depending on what other attributes you chose, you could, in theory, make for an interesting stow-away to be discovered by the crew.

"A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination." -Nelson Mandela

I have a friend who is joining NF after I raved to her about it. She is also very interested in this game, is it cool if she rolls up a character?

Going with freeing slave story. Hope (my character) was working at a mine that the owner used a combination of slaves, indentured servents and freemen to work. Hope's father being one of the freemen. During one of the liberation attempts, your character runs into (this could become a literal statement) Hope. Big shoot out occurs, Hope learns the full extent of the evil the owners were doing and agrees to help your character escape. Flash forward to some space station where faith and star align the two meet up again and Hope is hired on as part of your crew. This could come into play where as revenge for her help the owner is influencing the legal trouble that her family is in now with their own mine which is the reason Hope is always sending money home and why she is dead broke.

or Hope's family hired your ship to take them to the current boomtown planet and something happens that made Hope stick around.

take your pick complex or easy.

I'm sorry I meant to respond to this and then I forgot.

I choose the complex, I always like the more complex, lol.

Good idea! How about you guys figure out if you want to be connected to any of these stages of my backstory and then we can work on how exactly we know each other: Born on Athens, went to an Alliance military academy, served as an officer for the Alliance during the Unification War, defected from the Alliance during the war and joined the Browncoats, now a captain of a ship where we try to find and liberate slaves and take other jobs that pay.

Good idea Harness.

My character was born on Sihnon. He also fantasized about being a pilot and flying and wanted to join the Alliance, however, an accident happened that injured many people while he was testing as a pilot and this caused him to be hated (Branded Complication Major) throughout the Verse so he was forced to flee to the Border Planets.

Assets:

Born Behind the Wheel (Major)

Talented: Pilot (Minor)

Nose for Trouble (Minor)

Complications:

Branded (Major)

Loyal (Minor)

Missing the last complication because I'm not a home right now to look at the character.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 1 Human Ranger

STR: 2|DEX: 2|STA: 2|CON: 3|WIS: 4|CHA: 2|

It's a TRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've got something worked out with harness. Thanks guys.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Captain- Harness

Pilot- Illuminatus

Mechanic- CoreyD

TechEng-SusieBlu

Medic-Shady2303

Fixer-RealBrickWall

Other player Angelicyokai. Suggestion for Angel, an hired muscle Zoe character. In the Serenity Source book the example character they have is what I am thinking. I am not sure of what the rest of the parties combat skills are but a specialized fighter could come in handy.

Question who is on the established crew. I know Harness and myself.

Try everything once. If it kills you don't do it again.Paleo- So Easy A Caveman Can Do It

Hired muscle would be Jayne types, who basically fight fight and more fight. Zoe is kind of the all-around troubleshooter. She's tough, she has good ideas, she knows what's going on, she can keep a vehicle going the way it's supposed to, and she's immune to ever giving up. They're both good characters to have around. But, I agree, we kinda need some firepower right now. Can't do much work without the tools.

Level 4 AssassinStr 8.50, Dex 7.25, Sta 6.75Con 6.00, Wis 8.00, Cha 6.00

My tumblrtumblr for silly band names

Hired muscle would be Jayne types, who basically fight fight and more fight. Zoe is kind of the all-around troubleshooter. She's tough, she has good ideas, she knows what's going on, she can keep a vehicle going the way it's supposed to, and she's immune to ever giving up. They're both good characters to have around. But, I agree, we kinda need some firepower right now. Can't do much work without the tools.

True very true in this setting up but not every adventure group has to be about fighting the bad guys. We could be a gang of thieves using our wit versus muscle. I actually would love to play the Leveage RPG (by the same developer) or something similar. I think it would be an interesting challenge. Most group I play with are more likely to break down the down than trying to sneak in. Though every once and a while when the group slows down the off the wall plans that are brought up are just plain awesome that the GM just lets them happen because the group went different direction than orginally thought and the GM plans went out the window. Messing with the GM always fun.

BTW, has anyone heard from our GM?

Try everything once. If it kills you don't do it again.Paleo- So Easy A Caveman Can Do It

Not I, but if he only posts every few days it won't be a big deal except during battle. It would give us more role playing and character interaction opportunity.

500 / 330 / 625

True very true in this setting up but not every adventure group has to be about fighting the bad guys. We could be a gang of thieves using our wit versus muscle. I actually would love to play the Leveage RPG (by the same developer) or something similar. I think it would be an interesting challenge. Most group I play with are more likely to break down the down than trying to sneak in. Though every once and a while when the group slows down the off the wall plans that are brought up are just plain awesome that the GM just lets them happen because the group went different direction than orginally thought and the GM plans went out the window. Messing with the GM always fun.

The Capt. will be able to hold his own in combat, but his real strengths lie in covert, social stuff, and tactics. I do think that it would be to our benefit to have a combat-centric character

No I haven't heard from the GM yet.

This is hilarious, I am so sending this to my GM here.

I haven't heard a thing.

Still waiting here. Hopefully mr GM is just getting all his ducks in order...

500 / 330 / 625

He hasn't responded since I last PM'd him. I'm not gonna spam him. I hope he's alright.

However, I've been looking over my files and timetables, and, after I realized I didn't have any, I just thought for a bit and came to the conclusion that I do actually have time to run a game. I'd prefer not to run Serenity, since Kevin's game is still up in the air, but here's what I have to offer.

Dresden Files: I gotta be honest, I love having a combat system based on zones for PbP. Grid combat sucks on forums. Trust me. Also, I just love the everloving hell out of DF. This would be my top pick.

Eclipse Phase: Love the setting, decent system. Also, what better place to run a game where characters are constantly enmeshed in cyberspace than in cyberspace? Using the internet to play EP is really, really cool. Besides, I read the last chapter.

Other stuff: I can run D&D (3.x, Pathfinder, or 4e, not 4e Essentials), World of Darkness, Exalted, Star Wars Saga, and I could probably manage to figure out how to run Warhammer, but I don't really want to do any of those over PbP. Still, if there's overwhelming desire for one of them, I have ideas.

Level 4 AssassinStr 8.50, Dex 7.25, Sta 6.75Con 6.00, Wis 8.00, Cha 6.00

My tumblrtumblr for silly band names

Archived