Forums are back in action! ×

My shiny ab workout!

61stRevolt

I think it's AWESOME for you to do a core workout. Way to go! I also think crunches and sit ups are terrible exercises.

I would replace them with planks and leg lifts if I were you. More effective and less risk of injury. Also try russian twists with a gallon of water or something similar in size and weight to a medicine ball.

And finally, make sure to keep a good diet up for a low bf% so you can show em off and make all the girls and guys mad jelly and mad horny, respectively.

Neutral Good-High Elf Warrior

What we move is far less important than what moves us.

Razor's Three-Fortnight Challenge

Good job with starting a core routine but I agree that situps and crunches are terrible. http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/blogs/the-human-condition/2009/06/03/stop-doing-sit-ups-why-crunches-don-t-work.html explains why.

Look up other ab exercises for a more effective workout. If you do dead lifts and other compound exercises your abs get worked also. If you want to message me and I can give you some links to more info.

[TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nocturnis, Level 1 Half Elf Ranger

STR 3|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 3|CHA 3

[/TABLE]

Here is my ab work out what do you guys think?

Squats

Squats

Deadlifts

Squaty Squats

Squat

Deadlift

Deadlift

Squat.

Warrior LVL 3

STR: 16.75 DEX: 4 STA: 4 CON: 2 WIS: 8 CHA: 3

Current Challenge: http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?17857-Trad-s-Don-t-drop-that-dun-dun-dun

Current Maxes (lbs):

Spoiler

Squat: 380

Front Squat: 300

Bench: 265

Overhead Press: 155

Deadlift: 455

Clean & Jerk: 225

Snatch: 155

Here is my ab work out what do you guys think?

SQUATS AND DEADLIFTZZZ!!!

I'd add L-Pullups too :excitement:

Level 2   Human   Ranger

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------STR 7.7  CON 4.8  Battle Log  We are Rangers.DEX 2.0  WIS 2.9               We walk in the dark places no others will enter.STA 4.9  CHA 3.3               We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass.

I hear you saying you're having fun and feel great with your current workout, then we all come 'round and say your workout sucks :P

While I agree that crunches and situps have been shown less effective than other exercises, there are a lot of NFers who have amazing core strength and abs without having touched a barbell, so take time to read up on different moves and experiment until you find something you really enjoy doing.

I did bodyweight exercises for a while before I ever touched a barbell, and while I definitely noticed my abs getting stronger much faster after learning to squat/overhead press/deadlift with weight, I didn't feel comfortable learning to lift until I had what I considered decent core strength. Planks and bodyweight squats (keeping your core engaged) were my go-to moves (but I've always hated crunches and situps!).

Have fun :D

Archived