Forums are back in action! ×

working out when sick

Hardcore

Over the years that I've been involved in sports, I've heard opinions both ways on working out when you're sick. I can see doing it because of the fact that working out can make you feel a bit better, but at the same time it also wears down your body and that could be counter productive as far as getting better is concerned.

So what does everyone on here think?

"No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize."

1 Corinthians 9:27

There is the neck rule - above it's ok, below rest, but it really comes down to how you feel. If you don't feel up to a workout due to illness than you should rest but if you do feel up to one, try it, but don't over push it, take it easy, see if you really are up to working out before going all out.

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

There is the neck rule - above it's ok, below rest, but it really comes down to how you feel. If you don't feel up to a workout due to illness than you should rest but if you do feel up to one, try it, but don't over push it, take it easy, see if you really are up to working out before going all out.

I like this rule. Thanks for the advice guys, I appreciate it.

"No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize."

1 Corinthians 9:27

Archived