Forums are back in action! ×

Decided to level up my life!

Hello all, just wanted to pop in and let everyone know I have arrived :P but seriously I have been lurking and reading the blog for a few weeks and I cannot believe that I have missed the community and the blog for so long. Seriously, where were all the other readers when a nerd needed them?! Because they certainly werent letting me know this website existed!

Just going to give you guys a little background on myself. Im 21, just got engaged this past weekend, am finishing up my last year of college, and am wanting to start out on the right foot with all these new opportunities approaching. When I was in high school I used to refer to myself as a Nock (Nerd/Jock and I think maybe 3 people heard me actually say that out loud lol) I played football and wrestled but was never really in shape because I was always too busy raiding and shoving my face to care about my fitness too much. Thats the curse of being a heavy weight/lineman everyone likes you to be big, not necessarily fit. After graduating high school I lost a tremendous amount of weight and kept it off before I went through a small personal crisis at the time and started gaining it all back. I gained a good bit back and a year and a half later I lost my grandfather. For whatever reason this motivated me to get back in shape. I did lose as much weight as I did the first time, but I was stronger than I had ever been in my life. I was finally able to do multiple reps of pull ups and my dead lifts were getting close to the 400lb mark. I decided my weight at 230 +/- 5 lbs was fine on my 6'2 frame and I decided I was going to strength train and eat a little more than I was. Bad mistake, one thing led to another and here I am. Overweight and Out of shape again....

After reading the blog I think I finally have everything in order to get back in shape. I currently dont have access to a gym, but I have a modified home exercise regimen I am going to start following that I have adapted from my favorite routine that I used to do in the gym. Ive taken some of the lessons from the blog and applied them to my schooling, finances, and of course my health. I am doing my best to live by the quote of "Your future is created by what you do TODAY, not tomorrow."

Im looking forward to being active within the forum! See you all soon! :triumphant:

Edit: Figured I should add some nerd cred lol. Im really big into building PC's, there have only been a few science ficition books I had to put down because I didnt enjoy them, I have a tattoo quote from Dune, I spent way to much time playing WoW and luckily I have traded that addiction in for a new experience in GW2(Where I dont feel like I must play like its a full time job, this doesnt seem like much but it reality it is because Im absolutely not addicted to the game like I was WoW), I love tweaking out my android smartphone(Droid Razr Maxx! WOOT) and overall I just fit in better with the "nerd" group.

Wandering WarriorLevel 4- STR: 7.5 | DEX: 1 | CON: 7 | STA: 7.5 | WIS: 10 | CHA: 4.25"Your future is created by what you do TODAY, not tomorrow"

Battle Log | Fitocracy

Lifting Goals: Squats - 545 | Bench - 410 | Deads - 585 

Welcome in!! and yes, i hear you!! i used to be fit and active... then lost my dad to cancer and gained around 70 lbs... then lost my grandpa and gained a few more... i thought i was a lost cause till the doctor told me: do something or the chances of a heart attack are higher than 60% before you are 35.... since then i lost around 40 lbs and after i found NF i started actually getting healthier... not just losing weight!

and yes!! sleep is not overrated!!! :P

Intro: Intro thread

Current challenge: Shoobie's baby steps to greatness

Eventually, all the pieces fall into place. Until then, laugh at the confusion, live for the moment, and know that everything happens for a reason - Carrie Bradshaw

Hi! I'm new also, say...I'm sooo jealous that you have a droid razr maxx! I've been obsessing over it for the past couple of weeks due to the fact that my iPhone 4 has been giving me grief. I can't get it through AT&T, so I've been trying to find an unlocked one & then just switch to a super cheap company anyway (cause you know, those bigger companies require an arm & a leg to pay for their services and phones). But apart from that, I just wanna let you know, from newbie-to-newbie, that you got my support! :D

Thank you all! I will definitely be getting lots of rest :) Im fixing to be out of work for a few months because I work at a Skydiving Place as the Video Editor and people dont really like to jump out of plans when it gets cold :P

The Razr maxx is awesome and with the new ones about to come out I bet you could find an unlocked one for pretty cheap. Thanks for your support :)

Wandering WarriorLevel 4- STR: 7.5 | DEX: 1 | CON: 7 | STA: 7.5 | WIS: 10 | CHA: 4.25"Your future is created by what you do TODAY, not tomorrow"

Battle Log | Fitocracy

I am doing my best to live by the quote of "Your future is created by what you do TODAY, not tomorrow."

Love that! Sounds like a big year (engagement, finishing school). Way to go with making sure you make the most of it! Can't wait to hear about your progress in reaching your goals!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Miz Ibbli-Bibbli-Boo

Level 1 | Selkie Adventurer

STR 2 | DEX 1 | STA 2 | CON 4 | WIS 2 | CHA 4

Fitocracy | Battle Log | Challenge

I force myself to laugh at everything, for fear of having to cry. ~ Pierre de Beaumarchais

Love that! Sounds like a big year (engagement, finishing school). Way to go with making sure you make the most of it! Can't wait to hear about your progress in reaching your goals!

Definitely! I think I may have worded my sentence wrong in the first statement, this is going to be my last year of school starting with this semester.

Regardless, tomorrow is the first day! Im pumped up!

Battle Log | Fitocracy

Yah, I got that you only have 2 semesters to go to finish school - I was kind of jumping the gun :) What's your major?

Applied Sciences is what I suppose you would call it. Im in a program that will ultimately bring the title of Instrumentation and Controls Technician. More or less Im just going to be working with machines and process controls to make sure everything runs efficiently.

Battle Log | Fitocracy

Archived