Forums are back in action! ×

NF as a belief system for change.. Thank you

RandomWanderer

I've been reading "The Power of Habit" as recommended by Steve and it is an amazing book.. One thing the author talks about as being an important and integral part is the belief that a new habit/ change can occur..

Take this quote from the book -

" for most people who overhaul their lives, there are no seminal moments or life-altering disasters. There are simply communities- sometimes of just one other person, who make change believable".

I want to thank Steve, and everyone in this community for doing just that... Making change believable. That quote IMO sums me up to a tee.. I previously had the will to want to change... But the belief that I could was not fully there.. Not until I found NF..

I came to this community after weight loss surgery, so I had no lofty goals of weight loss or packing on muscle to look like Arnold, but I knew needed to change my habits and my mindset so I could destroy old bad habits that got me to 373lbs, and create new beneficial habits for a long life.

So for everyone fighting to create a healthy life for themselves and to level up on their quest.. We all know that this community, as an agent of belief in change, is always behind us and ready to support us 100%.

Thanks again!

Assassin: Rank: 6 (Disciple) STR: 10 DEX: 20 STA: 7 CON: 6 WIS: 6 CHA: 5
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
"Though one may conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, yet he indeed is the noblest victor who conquers himself." - Buddha
Height: 5'9" Weight: 215lbs Age: 34
|RW's Chronicle(log)| RW's Introduction|Fitocracy|Challenge|

I third that post! I agree with you, this is a phenomenal community, and one i'm glad i stumbled on! Good luck on here and with your goals!

Dragon Rider (in training)

Adventure Class

STR-6.75/DEX-2/STA-5/CON-5/WIS-3/CHA-4.2

They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself.

Andy Warhol

More will sometimes be demanded of you than is reasonable. Bear it meekly, and exhaust your time and strength in performing your duties, rather than vindicating your rights.

~ Horace Mann

Archived