Forums are back in action! ×

YARRRRRRR!!!!!!!!! Happy Talk like.. ME day!!!!!!!!!

IrishPirate

Ok with both pirates and Irish love of drinking you must have a rough time walking...

lvl 1Half Orc Ranger

STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | CON: 4 | STA: 1 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We are Rangers.

We walk in the dark places no others will enter.

We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass.

First Challenge

http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?17992-Shagy-s-Pull-head-out-of-_______

Yarr, I be havin' a meetin' today at work, I sent out the fallown' email the day afore

Be ye infahrmed that tahmarrah be national talk like a pirate day. Bring yer best AAARRRR! ta the meetin er walk the plank!

What follows was not part of the email but I will tell this joke in the meeting at some point.

A man was walking down the beach and saw an honest to goodness, real-life pirate, complete with peg leg, hook and patch eye.

"Oh wow, a real pirate!" he said. "I've bet you've got great stories behind the peg, hook and patch eye. How did you lose your leg?"

"Well, it were a pitched battle of the coast of Tripoli with an american frigate. A cannonball was fired from the enemy ship and went right through me leg. What was left had to be cut off below the knee without anesthesia."

"Oh, that is so cool! What about the hook.?"

"We were intercepted by a British ship and I was fighting hand tah hand with the British Captain. He struck me cutlass from me hand and chopped the same hand off. When we got back to port I had the Hook put on in its place."

"Oh man, no one is going to beleieve this. What about the patch?"

"Arr, I don't talk about that one."

"Are you kidding? With all those great stories, there must be something good behind the eye."

"Well, if ye must know...a seagull pooped in it?"

[pause]

"What, what do you mean a seagull pooped in it?"

"I were drunk on the beach and almost passed out. Afore I fell asleep a seagull flying overhead got me right in the eye."

"Well... I still don't understand how you lost the eye."

"Yarr, it were the same day I got the hook."

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Shagy- I be a professional. I can drink and walk at the same time! It's when I stop movin' that be the problem, because the ship keeps spinnin' round anyway!

Tank- I too be planning me meetin's as such today!

Caution- YAR!!!! Be one of me favorite shanties there!

Andy- I must be gettin' me arse to where ye be at on a daily basis!

~It's when Pirates count their booty that they become mere thieves.~My Fitness Pal TrackerMy 6 Week Challenge Page- Scout

be it known to all passersby and commers-on that talk like a pirate day is not for the faint of heart! There will be drinking and carousing and plank walking! I referred to cleaning up spilled cat food this a.m. as "swabbing the deck" and threatened to make the scallywags walk the plank. ARRRRRRRR I thought better of it and kept them as good luck to ward off the sea dragons.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Does vodka count tooooooo? :confused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcNtKpnBNUw

Love that song and band!

Level 2   Human   Ranger

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------STR 7.7  CON 4.8  Battle Log  We are Rangers.DEX 2.0  WIS 2.9               We walk in the dark places no others will enter.STA 4.9  CHA 3.3               We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass.

Archived