Forums are back in action! ×

First time ever crossing monkey bars!

RandomWanderer

So I was at a police academy for some job training and I was early. Being the Assassin that I am, when I see an obstacle course I have to try it! I had never been able to previously do more then one or two bars before falling!

I found that it was easier for me to develop swing momentum by tucking my legs up and close to my core and keep my elbows bent.

This is the kind of stuff that makes me love fitness and keeps me going!

[ATTACH]5403[/ATTACH]

post-7922-13567244882336_thumb.jpg

Assassin: Rank: 6 (Disciple) STR: 10 DEX: 20 STA: 7 CON: 6 WIS: 6 CHA: 5
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
"Though one may conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, yet he indeed is the noblest victor who conquers himself." - Buddha
Height: 5'9" Weight: 215lbs Age: 34
|RW's Chronicle(log)| RW's Introduction|Fitocracy|Challenge|

I couldn't do them as a kid either,.. And I sucked at climbing trees as a kid too.... I'm making up for that now haha.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
"Though one may conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, yet he indeed is the noblest victor who conquers himself." - Buddha

This has to be one of my future goals....except I want to do it across the grand canyon......lol jk but seriously Ive never been able to swing across monkey bars, so its on the to-do list!

Wandering WarriorLevel 4- STR: 7.5 | DEX: 1 | CON: 7 | STA: 7.5 | WIS: 10 | CHA: 4.25"Your future is created by what you do TODAY, not tomorrow"

Battle Log | Fitocracy

Lifting Goals: Squats - 545 | Bench - 410 | Deads - 585 

eeek that's awesome! I was also that kid who couldn't do the monkey bars... not anymore!! Thank you for sharing; fantastic victory!

Race: Gallifreyan

Profession: Druid

Level: 6

Current Challenge:Livingroovy Comes Home

[sTR] - 16.8 // [DEX] - 12.25 // [sTA] - 16 // [CON] - 17.3 // [WIS] - 16.55 // [CHA] - 14.6

Find me on the internets: Facebook // Twitter // Kate Marolt | Play Warrior & Excitement Engineer!

I could NEVER do monkey bars -- good for you for getting there!

Out of curiosity - what sort of pull-up strength do you have? I'm thinking of adding monkey bars to my list, and want to know how far away they are.

LRB, Lifelong Rebel Badass  ||  June 3 challenge thread

"What I lack in ability, I make up in stubbornness" -me

"Someone busier than you is working out right now" -my mom

I just did my first real pull up about 3 weeks ago after doing negatives for a while. Two weeks ago I got up to doing 3 in a row, but I hurt my arms a bit and stopped.

I found the monkey bars to be more about technique and grip strength then anything else. I've tried them about 5 times this week and the times I fell off or stopped all had to do with my hands and grip, and not pulling or lifting myself. I'm trying to perfect the Tarzan swing now hehe.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived