Forums are back in action! ×

Coming Out of the Shadows...

And here I am!

I've been reading the blog for a couple months now, but never ventured this far into the journey - that is until TODAY! I'm usually the one that lurks around and just reads all the posts, so you may never see another post from me again... but this place seems different than most boards - it's almost.... welcoming!

I'm Tim from Florida - a transplant originally from Texas, of which I will be moving back to November 1st - soooo excited about that. I began my fitness journey towards the end of June, at which point I weighed 275 and stood 6 foot tall... My height hasn't changed but I've dropped 31 lbs off that weight. I WAS a smoker from over 15 years, but September 22 (tomorrow) will be 4 weeks quit... I'm stoked about that.

I began running in July and my first 5k is coming up fast on the 29th. It's untimed and appears to be super fun. It's called Color Me Rad... and yeah, I think they intended the pun.

Anyhow, I look forward to keeping this journey going and slowing down to see what all I've missed the past decade rotting away in processed food and no exercise land....

Welcome timmy. Kick the 5k's a$$! Great job on the weight loss, any future goals?

BTW, I want a reply!

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Fine, Fine! A reply ye shall have! :)

I'm taking the weight loss in steps. My current goal is to drop to 210 - from there I'd like to eventually get to 190. I'll be happy anywhere in-between as long as my fitness is in line. I have a GIANT goal set to try and make the lottery for next year's NYC marathon. That will be the Ultimate of ultimate rewards... but one step at a time - 5k, 10k, 13.1 and then that coveted 26.2.

Oh, and thanks for the welcome!

Awesome. We've got plenty of runners around here that could help you with anything you need. Hopefully now I've got you into a habit of posting.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Archived