Forums are back in action! ×

5k run in 23:47

Dragon

During the last 6-week challenge, I was training for a charity 5k race. The race was after work on Wednesday.

I finished in 23:47, a full five minutes faster than I achieved in training for the event. I also beat the rest of the guys from my team at the office, including some seasoned runners.

I credit the faster time to training on hills in the forest whereas the course was perfectly flat. That, and the psychology of running with 850 or so other people.

Good fun :smug:

Umm that is AMAZING! Great time! And so cool that come race time you blew it out of the water. Nice work!

Race: Gallifreyan

Profession: Druid

Level: 6

Current Challenge:Livingroovy Comes Home

[sTR] - 16.8 // [DEX] - 12.25 // [sTA] - 16 // [CON] - 17.3 // [WIS] - 16.55 // [CHA] - 14.6

Find me on the internets: Facebook // Twitter // Kate Marolt | Play Warrior & Excitement Engineer!

This is awesome! In aiming for 24 in the spring and am definitely adding running in hilly areas and on inclines on treadmills into my training after seeing this and other threads.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Archived