Forums are back in action! ×

MEN ONLY THREAD part two

Oh I don't know, propellor man was pretty funny, although I got death stares when I chortled out loud when he bounced, so many teary eyes boring into me, I had to hide behind my popcorn. :)

I didn't make it that far. I watched the first half and that was it.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

oh Hit. I'll tell you a secret… men LOVE romance films. We just HATE crappy romance films.

This generalization was brought to you by me and my own particular set of prejudices.

"Unfocused" Wizard // Rationalist of the order of Bayes

Lvl 5 Assassin. Lvl 33 Jack of all trades. 7 STR|6 DEX|7 STA|7 CON|16 WIS|8 CHA

Current challenge Wizard in the making: ero san's continuing road of magic

My drawings Sketchbook, Other afiliations The Loft

oh Hit. I'll tell you a secret… men LOVE romance films. We just HATE crappy romance films.

This generalization was brought to you by me and my own particular set of prejudices.

I love movies with robots, zombies, lasers, or chase scenes. No exceptions. Except one, Cool Hand Luke. Okay two, Joe Dirt.

• Like 1

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

Romancing the Stone. The Princess Bride. I agree with Love Actually. Sweet Home Alabama. Mr and Mrs Smith

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

The Hangover was about a stag-do (bachelor party) which is to do with weddings. Does that qualify it as a romance?

Not in my opinion. Because the women are not a major part of the story

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

I'm trying to think of a romance film i like........

Love Actually was ok because it had some laughs i guess. But then i'm British so maybe i'm biased.

Erm, i think thats literally it

I can't think of one myself right off hand. The ones I picture are the all the super sappy, running through the airport ones, which annoy the hell out of me.

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

i know its manly to hate on romance films, but titanic is an amazing movie and a crazy feat of film-making. Mr Plinkett can back me on this :tongue:

I have very limited free time, ergo I detest wasting the free time that I have watching movies that do not entertain me. In fact, I seldom watch movies at all when I'm not on an airplane. I wouldn't so much call it "hating on" the movies in my case, I just consider watching most movies to be a poor use of my time.

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

Drive (an awesome movie) is a romance movie and it contains Ryan Gosling, it can't get better than this.

Also someone once said that Natural Born Killers is actualy a very romantic movie, so take this as my second.

I wouldn't mind watching Brokeback Mountain again, number three

And even if it's anime, I can say that 5 Centimeters per Second and Voices of a Distant Star hit me right in the feels, number four and five.

And last but definitely not least Nightmare Before Christmas as my number six.

I think there might be more but this are the once that came to mind first.

• Like 1

I can't think of one myself right off hand. The ones I picture are the all the super sappy, running through the airport ones, which annoy the hell out of me.

yes, this is a major problem… there are not a lot of them out there. Which to me talks more about the quality of the romance films than about the nature of men…

But for example, 5cm per second (anime, but its the first one I could think of) is a great romantic story, all about 2 childhood sweethearts who grow apart and try to reconnect years later. Great film, though not very light-hearted.

another great anime that has a story that I might qualify as romance (this one romantic comedy even) is "the girl who could jump through time" (toki wo kakeru shoujo).

I'd recommend watching both.

I haven't seen brokeback mountain, so I can't really comment on that… but I've heard pretty good things about that one.

But how about Tom Hank's The terminal? I thought that one was enjoyable… crouching tiger hidden dragon was good too. eternal sunshine of the spotless mind…

and (mexican films): like water for chocolate, sin ton ni sonia, el segundo aire, amarTe duele…

• Like 1

Drive (an awesome movie) is a romance movie and it contains Ryan Gosling, it can't get better than this.

Also someone once said that Natural Born Killers is actualy a very romantic movie, so take this as my second.

I wouldn't mind watching Brokeback Mountain again, number three

And even if it's anime, I can say that 5 Centimeters per Second and Voices of a Distant Star hit me right in the feels, number four and five.

And last but definitely not least Nightmare Before Christmas as my number six.

I think there might be more but this are the once that came to mind first.

dang… ninja'd on 5cm per second… at least I got confirmation that others feel like I do about that one

Wall•E had robots and romance. It wasn't terrible.

HA.... there's one.

yes, this is a major problem… there are not a lot of them out there. Which to me talks more about the quality of the romance films than about the nature of men… Agreed

But for example, 5cm per second (anime, but its the first one I could think of) is a great romantic story, all about 2 childhood sweethearts who grow apart and try to reconnect years later. Great film, though not very light-hearted.

another great anime that has a story that I might qualify as romance (this one romantic comedy even) is "the girl who could jump through time" (toki wo kakeru shoujo).

I'd recommend watching both. Not a big anime fan, but I'm always open to giving things a shot.

I haven't seen brokeback mountain, so I can't really comment on that… but I've heard pretty good things about that one.

But how about Tom Hank's The terminal? I thought that one was enjoyable… crouching tiger hidden dragon was good too. eternal sunshine of the spotless mind…

Only one I've seen part of is Crouching Tiger, I couldn't get past the "Wire Fu". I can accept people flying, super jumping if there's an explanation for it (Superman, Hulk), but this one just seemed to be a broken reality and it didn't work for me.

and (mexican films): like water for chocolate, sin ton ni sonia, el segundo aire, amarTe duele…

Drive was a weird movie for me, when I first saw it, I didn't like it at all. Then I saw a video where I guy analyzes the movie and it completely changed it for me. He also hit the nail on the head as to why I didn't like it, it was advertised as a F&F/Need for Speed type movie and it was far from that.

My first challenge