Forums are back in action! ×

MEN ONLY THREAD part two

1 hour ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

I love it when I accidently let one slip and almost gag myself and you start praying that no one walks by..... or when you think it's a toot and it turns out that you have to take a 5 minute break in between sets lmao; those deep early morning squats will do that to ya

At the gym I kinda think it is a relatively polite/civilized method of marking ones territory when you don't have a towel to put on the bench.....

"you don....oh god take your time!...what did you eat!"

P.S.

Didn't even know we had a "MEN ONLY" thread

• Like 1

Fitbit username: farflight   (would love to have more people on there)

Getting life in order is a challenge worth doing.

Happiness is the journey, not the destination (took me forever to learn that)

3 hours ago, farflight said:

At the gym I kinda think it is a relatively polite/civilized method of marking ones territory when you don't have a towel to put on the bench.....

"you don....oh god take your time!...what did you eat!"

P.S.

Didn't even know we had a "MEN ONLY" thread

The original thread broke the internet. Once it got to so many pages (far less than this one has now) it was causing tapatalk to freeze, so they had to lock it down and start a new one. It's the reason Spezzy is the OP for this thread.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

4 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

The original thread broke the internet. Once it got to so many pages (far less than this one has now) it was causing tapatalk to freeze, so they had to lock it down and start a new one. It's the reason Spezzy is the OP for this thread.

Tank with the history, well done.

• Like 1

Level 38 [Raveling Bard]

The women have a whole forum to gossip in. The men have just one thread. Both seem happy with this arrangement.

I feel there's a gender stereotype in here somewhere but I'd much rather talk about...

Steak!

How do you guys like your cow? Rare, medium or ruined well done?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

Oh hey, this thread is being alive again.

I usually aim for medium.  The girlfriend makes fun of me as she likes it rare.

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

1 hour ago, Artinum said:

The women have a whole forum to gossip in. The men have just one thread. Both seem happy with this arrangement.

I feel there's a gender stereotype in here somewhere but I'd much rather talk about...

Steak!

How do you guys like your cow? Rare, medium or ruined well done?

I am satisfied if the cow has simply had the concept of a grill explained to it at some point.

• Like 3

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

If someone orders a steak at a restaurant, the server should just bring them charcoal...or a salad

Without fail, when I was a waiter, when a person ordered it well done (after I died a little inside), they'd eat 90% of it, then complain it was burnt and demand a refund...

I order medium rare. If they get it right, I'm thrilled. If its a tad rare, easily fixed, if it comes out well done...somebody was f-ing in the kitchen and I'm getting a new steak

Tough life choice, if you had to give up one, which would it be....pig meat or cow meat? I think I'd just cry

• Like 2

Fitbit username: farflight   (would love to have more people on there)

Getting life in order is a challenge worth doing.

Happiness is the journey, not the destination (took me forever to learn that)

20 minutes ago, farflight said:

If someone orders a steak at a restaurant, the server should just bring them charcoal...or a salad

Without fail, when I was a waiter, when a person ordered it well done (after I died a little inside), they'd eat 90% of it, then complain it was burnt and demand a refund...

I order medium rare. If they get it right, I'm thrilled. If its a tad rare, easily fixed, if it comes out well done...somebody was f-ing in the kitchen and I'm getting a new steak

Tough life choice, if you had to give up one, which would it be....pig meat or cow meat? I think I'd just cry

Hah, I always dread getting a waiters perspective on life, but I promise I'm not a demanding customer. I think I actually do give up cow meat when money gets tight. Ground pork for close to $1.50/lb and pork chops at $2/lb? Always pork. 

Level 38 [Raveling Bard]

19 hours ago, farflight said:

I order medium-rare myself. I like them pink and oozing, but I'm happy with a medium, so if they overdo it... not a problem.

I could probably live without pig more than cow, but the cat would disagree.

22 hours ago, farflight said:

Anyone know any good cow heart recipes?

Got one in me freezer...

The advice I got was an acidic marinade, and then grill the sucker to medium rare.

It's freaking delicious.  Also shockingly lean and low calorie.

Also, if you shave it and sauté it with mushrooms, onions, and cheese it makes a really tasty Philly cheesesteak.

• Like 1

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

On 10/3/2017 at 4:26 PM, farflight said:

Anyone know any good cow heart recipes?

Got one in me freezer...

I heard that fava beans where good

0lQ4v3T.jpg

Seriously though, the french do pretty good with organ meat but you're probably looking at thin sliced in a cast-iron skillet. Onions are a popular compliment.

• Like 2

You can't spell Slaughter without laughter

To me, the level of doneness depends on the cut of steak. I like T-bones medium, ribeyes and sirloins rare.

Organ meat is seriously underrated, those I usually only get it with smaller animals. Those fools at the grocery store charge me less for the poultry and rabbits with the organs still in 'em. Giblet gravy, or just a quick snack while I'm cooking up a batch of something,

"If you would improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus

"You just gotta listen to your body, unless it's saying anything about stopping, pain, your joints, or needing water."

Level 20 Pilgrim (Adventurer 7, Assassin 3, Druid 2, Monk 10, Ranger 5, Rebel 9, Scout 10, Warrior 4)

3 hours ago, Nomad Jay said:

Those fools at the grocery store charge me less for the poultry and rabbits with the organs still in 'em. Giblet gravy, or just a quick snack while I'm cooking up a batch of something,

You've just reminded me of something I heard about turkeys on a podcast . They're usually provided here in the UK with the giblets in a little plastic bag, as some people like to use them for gravy (as you do) while some just want to chuck 'em.

But these giblets are clearly removed by machine, packaged separately and then dumped in a big vat somewhere so that packers (I'm guessing this bit is still done by humans) can put a packet inside each turkey. So it's highly unlikely that the giblets in your turkey are actually from the same turkey.

Just one of those weird things that no-one ever thinks about...

• Like 1

That's definitely weird. It also seems unneccesary somehow. All of the animals I buy have their innards still attached, but I'm also not living in the UK so things may be slightly different here. Then again, some of the animals I buy still have on average three-to-four pinfeathers still attached...

"If you would improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus

"You just gotta listen to your body, unless it's saying anything about stopping, pain, your joints, or needing water."

Level 20 Pilgrim (Adventurer 7, Assassin 3, Druid 2, Monk 10, Ranger 5, Rebel 9, Scout 10, Warrior 4)

Here's a fun one - do you keep eggs in the cupboard or the fridge? Most Americans would say the fridge - and they're right to do so. Most Europeans (including the UK) go with the cupboard - and they're right.

This is all from memory, so I might have the details a little off - don't quote me in anything official...

American eggs are washed, by machine, so they can get rid of all the feathers and crap that the eggs sit in. But the result of this is to also lose a thin membrane that surrounds the egg and keeps out the bacteria - so American eggs are potentially breeding grounds for all kinds of nasties, hence refrigeration.

Europe banned the washing of eggs. This keeps the membrane intact, which means room temperature storage is absolutely fine in normal conditions, and it also means the eggs are cleaner in the first place - it forces the chicken farms to clean up the roosts, because no-one wants filthy eggs. The chickens thus live in more sanitary conditions and everyone wins.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Akura said:

I live in Germany. On the egg cartno we have instructions like "Start refrigerating on date X. Stays fresh until date Y." I myself put eggs usually directly in the fridge, but that's actually kinda silly as a carton of 6 usually lasts 5 days max.

Six eggs would last a day and a half in my house, only one day if my wife is also having breakfast.

Current Challenge