Forums are back in action! ×

MEN ONLY THREAD part two

Thanks.

I'm contemplating buying these tyres, but I'll repeat the question in the biking section too.

Since I have trek/combo bicycle true racing tyres would look like low-profile tyres on 4x4 cars that you can see in cities. Ridiculous I say!

But for my home town combo frame with (only really resilient) road tyres is actually quite good, since the conditions are not quite favourable for a daily commute on a true road bike.

STR: 2 / DEX: 2 / STA: 3 / CON: 2 / WIS: 3 / CHA: 3

PanHEMAphiliac.

Gentlemen, I have a question in regards to social protocol. I went for a hot shave several weeks ago and the girl that was doing it was REALLY cute and we seemed to hit it off pretty well. Then when I went back there next days off I got her again and we were still hitting it off pretty well. She implied that we should hang out sometime and then gave me her name to add her on Facebook.

Well I couldn't add her because of how her privacy settings are, but I was able to send a message. Which she has not replied to. Now I'm not sure how to proceed? Should I go for another shave and mention it? Ignore it? Never go again? Try send another message?

I'm honestly not sure how to proceed here. My instinct thus far has been to call it a day. She may be stunningly good looking, and really cool, but I'm not so desperate to send countless messages that, regardless of content, will be read to say "please notice me!"

Advice?

"Oh, fear not in a world like this, And thou shalt know erelong, Know how sublime a thing it is, To suffer and be strong."  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -

Battle Log - MyFitnessPal - FitBIt

To get something you've never had, you have to become someone you've never been.

I say go for another shave and if she's still cool and smiley, tell her you couldn't friend her due to the privacy stuff and see if she gives you another lane like her friending you or giving you her number. Don't agonize over it.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I like that plan. Now I just gotta wait for my jaw to heal up before I go see her again. (I just got my wisdom teeth yanked out on Wednesday. It's still a little tender to be poking and tugging on to shave properly.)

Thanks guys.

"Oh, fear not in a world like this, And thou shalt know erelong, Know how sublime a thing it is, To suffer and be strong."  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -

To get something you've never had, you have to become someone you've never been.

I say go for another shave and if she's still cool and smiley, tell her you couldn't friend her due to the privacy stuff and see if she gives you another lane like her friending you or giving you her number. Don't agonize over it.

This. I would even go so far as to wait and see if she brings it up.

CharlieBoston

My Character Page

Introduction - CharlieBoston and the Wavering Motvation
Fitocracy Profile

Athlinks Profile

"Hope, D'Argo. It's what keeps you going... I have hope or I have nothing."

^no, that's too close to playing games. Don't do that shit.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I'm honestly not sure how to proceed here. My instinct thus far has been to call it a day. She may be stunningly good looking, and really cool, but I'm not so desperate to send countless messages that, regardless of content, will be read to say "please notice me!"

Advice?

Speak to her in person. Facebook messages are appallingly unreliable these days and often just don't appear - especially between users that aren't "friends". Odds are she simply hasn't got your message in the first place.

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

^no, that's too close to playing games. Don't do that shit.

Agreed, CoreyD with the game plan.  I'd do the exact same thing.

LVL 3: Zoran Warrior

STR:9 | DEX:5 | STA:10 | CON:5 | WIS:12.75 | CHA:9

Current Challenge: Not Really A 6 Week Challenge Challenge

Previous Challenges: 1st2nd

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. Good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."

Thanks for the advice guys. I obviously barely know her, but I'm kinda stoked at the prospect of getting to know her better. I hope my face gets better soon so I can go see her again.

And you're right about how unreliable Facebook is Artinum. I've had nothing but problems with it for a long time now.

I was saying that less as a game-playing tactic and more of a not-trying-to-come-across-as-desperate.

She made the last move. Ball is in his court. He needs to make sure she caught it when he checked it back.

If nothing was ever received by her due to settings, then she might think he is trying to blow her off and not bring it up as to not offend a customer. If she did get it, then she would understand him bringing it up if she hasn't answered him, and it wouldn't come off as desperate if he brings up the settings concern.

500 / 330 / 625

I did, we actually had soft plans to meet for drinks that night. Facebook was meant to be the medium by which we firmed them up.

Bit it's all good, in a few days my jaw will be healed enough, and my facial hair will be thick enough, that I can go back and see what happened. And hopefully she'll be down for lunch, or a movie, or shooting or something. Really, as long as I don't have to dance, I'm all good to try it. Lol.

anyone have any ideas on how to get my g/f back into the nerdfitness 6 week challenge without it seeming like it is MY idea?  Anything I suggest gets shot down with 100% accuracy, but if she thinks it's a good idea then she'll do it. 

I have a similar situation. Here's the thread about it. http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/26717-I-Think-My-Weight-Loss-Success-is-Discouraging-My-Wife

tl;dr - basically she has to be motivated. The desire has to be there for her to want to work out.

CharlieBoston

My Character Page

Introduction - CharlieBoston and the Wavering Motvation
Fitocracy Profile

Athlinks Profile

"Hope, D'Argo. It's what keeps you going... I have hope or I have nothing."

This is an interesting thread... Timely as well...

I just recently began a blog for Men and this thread is helpful for future topics... Its part advice, part Paleo, part personal, and all real...

Check it out, its just getting started, so sorry for the lack of info...

http://meatmethodsmen.wordpress.com/

Feel free to check it out, comment at will, and give me feed back here via PM.

I am always looking for suggestions how to make it better.

Hang in there Teros, I'm in the same boat as you. And Thanks for the link CB

I don't know what to do guys, I like my job but I really really really hate my co-workers, they are the most laziest sorriest mothers I have ever had the displeasure to work with, they honestly think because they show up they earn their check, mean while all their inboxes are backed up into oblivion  and the mail guy is angry because we are trying to keep him to a set schedule and doesn't understand why it needs to be done "that way"; my bosses don't do a damn thing about them, and when I try to pick up the pieces by doing my job and theirs I get questioned of why their job is so backed up; not why my work isn't getting done because it is, but why am I not doing my job and theirs at the same time, while they sit around and watch sports highlights and bitch at every little thing, even if it doesn't pertain to them.

Sorry I just needed to vent, I feel better, the only thing I can do is, is do exactly what I know how to do, push on and change things around me, even if the people around me don't like it, it just hard when you don't fit in and try to be the voice of change no one wants to hear

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

This is an interesting thread... Timely as well...

I just recently began a blog for Men and this thread is helpful for future topics... Its part advice, part Paleo, part personal, and all real...

Check it out, its just getting started, so sorry for the lack of info...

http://meatmethodsmen.wordpress.com/

Feel free to check it out, comment at will, and give me feed back here via PM.

I am always looking for suggestions how to make it better.

Ooh, I'm definitely following this one.

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

Honestly, this is an incredible forum that can handle ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY pages before it needs the new thread. Most forums I've been to have it in the 50 to 100 range. So yeah, manpower!

As far as fedoras: Its true, they do need more than just a t-shirt. I find I can do alright with a good button-down shirt (mine tend to be darker and thicker), jeans can do just fine, and shoes that at the least are more than just colorful sneakers (I have a pair of black hiking shoes than can pretend to be dress-ish to the untrained eye or for extremely low formal occasions.) It also happens to have been personalized: I've replaced the normal band with one of those peacock feather and gem inset bands. Probably a mite bit over the top, but then again, so am I, so it probably doesn't look out of place on me. I also have a similar non-collapsable wide-brimmed western hat with a leather band with turqoise inset at intervals.

One other hat I would like is the Homburg. It looks like a good way to mix a fedora, a tophat, and a bit of bowler, and manages to both look dressy and casual in away even a good fedora can't.

I say with with highest form of respect but.... ugh. No. A good button down shirt yes but with jeans? Nah man. Just go ahead and level up to khakis at least. Now for foot wear either dress it up or dress it goofy but somewhere in between always looks like a near miss. A pair of red chucks with a suit. Yea that works. As long as they're not just your running tennis shoes I think you're safe to mix it up on your footwear.

Now the homburg I can whole heartedly just behind. I have one that is a little cheep looking but I'd love to get my hands on a better one. I'd really love to see the bowler make a come back. I have one but rarely wear it just because I stand out like I used to in my old mohawk days when I wear it!

Allons-y!

If deadlifts were easy they'd be called ellipticals.

If you can't fix it with fish oil and squats you're probably going to die. ~ Marshall White

TIME LORD, The Warrior, Level 3: STE: 12, DEX: 12, STA: 5; CON: 5.75, WIS: 9; CHA: 2

Be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Ephesians 6.10

-           -      -   -  -  -  -  -  - - - - - - - -----------------------------------------------

BTW, beard power works, SSS went well and I set PRs in everything. So yeah, hypothesis of beards make you stronger now has 1 data point in the positive column.

500 / 330 / 625