Forums are back in action! ×

MEN ONLY THREAD part two

This is an interesting thread... Timely as well...

I just recently began a blog for Men and this thread is helpful for future topics... Its part advice, part Paleo, part personal, and all real...

Check it out, its just getting started, so sorry for the lack of info...

http://meatmethodsmen.wordpress.com/

Feel free to check it out, comment at will, and give me feed back here via PM.

I am always looking for suggestions how to make it better.

Very interesting Blog, I think I'll follow it as well. BTW, Have you heard of ArtofManliness.com?

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Very interesting Blog, I think I'll follow it as well. BTW, Have you heard of ArtofManliness.com?

Yes! Great blog as well! A bit of a different focus, but definitely on my Follow list.

I created a separate thread for bloggers from the Rebellion to help feed each other some followers and links.

i feel like there's multiple threads.  What is beard power? 

I did not have a beard and observed that most elite power lifters do, and figured that it must give you some sort of power and that having a beard made you lift more, so I grew one.  I then proceeded to crush some weights and set at least a 10 lb PR on everything while on a cut during SSS.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Damn all of you and your beard growing powers. I will forever be baby faced 

Ditto.

sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Beards are an animal all to their own... I enjoyed a full beard for about 4 years while in the tail end of my college career... They are amazing in their power...

Hardest part of growing a beard is the uncomfortable transition from stubble/homeless to epic beard... its itchy, scratchy, everything gets caught in it, and it just looks weird... but once you get past that, it can be EPIC!!!

Also, I recommend a leave in beard conditioner if you have wiry hair on your face... this will help keep it smooth and touchable  :friendly_wink:

Beards are an animal all to their own... I enjoyed a full beard for about 4 years while in the tail end of my college career... They are amazing in their power...

Hardest part of growing a beard is the uncomfortable transition from stubble/homeless to epic beard... its itchy, scratchy, everything gets caught in it, and it just looks weird... but once you get past that, it can be EPIC!!!

Also, I recommend a leave in beard conditioner if you have wiry hair on your face... this will help keep it smooth and touchable  :friendly_wink:

yeah, I have a moisturizer I put in mine that has been working out well.  Between that and brushing it, it's much softer.

I convinced Brucey to do a 6 week grow in to get past that uncomfortable stage (it sucks, mine lasted 3-4 weeks) where it itches and looks terrible. I'm waiting for him to come back and give an update.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Don't tell my wife but I use her pantene conditioner in my beard and I can honestly say it feels softer/smoother

I shaved 90% of my beard off right now, just left the chin, contemplating on growing a Scott Ian type braid; growing up Capt Lou Albano and Scott Ian so I think it would be awesome to grow an epic one

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

Don't tell my wife but I use her pantene conditioner in my beard and I can honestly say it feels softer/smoother

I shaved 90% of my beard off right now, just left the chin, contemplating on growing a Scott Ian type braid; growing up Capt Lou Albano and Scott Ian so I think it would be awesome to grow an epic one

I usedd to use her conditioner too, but now we have our own bathrooms and I can't steal it.

On the minus side, I got friggin ring worm on my right cheek under my beard! I'm putting tough actin' tinactin on it.  I hope the beard didn't make me more vulnerable to fungal infections on mah face...

500 / 330 / 625

are you sure it's not just an in grown hair or a few of them together? I get those things, it's kind of cool when it gets huge and you squeeze it and a long hair comes popping out of it

A seperate shower, that must be nice, I think I'm going to need to put one in my mancave (basement) in the near future with my wife and three girls

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

are you sure it's not just an in grown hair or a few of them together? I get those things, it's kind of cool when it gets huge and you squeeze it and a long hair comes popping out of it

A seperate shower, that must be nice, I think I'm going to need to put one in my mancave (basement) in the near future with my wife and three girls

3 girls?  You poor soul.  I keep telling my wife we'll try for 2 and if I don't get my boy we'll go 3.  If I still don't get my boy, I'm out. :nevreness:  This is all in jest, I'd be fine with 3 girls, I'd just live in fear of the time period that they were all teenagers at the same time.

As for am I sure? Pretty sure.  It doesn't hurt at all and there is no swelling, just the classic ring worm white center surrounded by a red ring and a little itching.

500 / 330 / 625

Yummy..... yea that's one thing I'm lucky enough to have avoided all these years even with that amount of mat (wrestling) time I have in, but then again my coach was a stickler for keeping the mats super clean and everyone wearing clean work out gear that it rubbed off on me, like I won't start working out until after I have mopped the mats

Yea three girls, let me just say if you have two girls already and try for a boy you are more than likely going to end up with another girl, I'm not the only one that has tempted fate in that way lol; my friend tried for a boy an ended up with twin girls, so now he has four girls, poor dude

Daily Mile

4 girls, oh man. We have none yet.  WE wanted to get her sister's wedding done (so she can drink at the wedding) and get our promotions to make sure we'd have the money before changing that.  We just got the later and the former is in September, so we'll see.

500 / 330 / 625

Guest Snake McClain

hey dudes. Just wanted to say hey to the gang. i've been super busy and haven't made time for the thread. Hope all is well.

How's everyone doing?

hey dudes. Just wanted to say hey to the gang. i've been super busy and haven't made time for the thread. Hope all is well.

How's everyone doing?

good, how's that beard coming?

500 / 330 / 625

wtf!!!! ok so I scheduled a medical procedure months ago, told my boss months ago that I would be on weight restriction for a week, that we should try to schedule big things for either last week or next week, of course he doesn't listen and schedule a ton of moves today and tomorrow and I'm looking like an a-hole to my co-workers because I'm holding down the fort while they are busting their butts

I know that wasn't really a "man topic" and really just a rant

man topic, do yourself a favor and don't look up "vasectomy" before you get one, sure you can learn about the procedure and after care but the horror stories makes the whole thing sound a lot worse than it really is; yes I'm sore, bruised and walking funny; but I'm not swollen up to the size of grapefruits or leaking anything; and as long as I'm not stupid and sit and ice when I need to it just feels like a bad bruise, which I know will go away in a few days

Daily Mile