Forums are back in action! ×

I Joined The Army Reserves......Yep

grasperx

Hey everyone. I know news like this wouldn't thrill everyone on the boards. But I joined the Army Reserves and ship out to basic early next year. So Now I have to get in some pretty crazy shape beforehand. Any other rebels here a part of the military? If so, Thank you for your service and I'm proud to join you.

Well done! That's great news.

If you look around I think you will find that there are a few people in the military here, so your not alone

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

Air Force active duty here. Congrats and welcome. Just so you know you don't have to get into crazy shape but if you are in shape and can handle the PFTs without problems and you have the stamina to handle a large amount of calisthenics at once then you will be fine on the physical fitness side. I do recommend into getting into shape before going because it will allow you to focus on other things that will be happening and have one less worry. There is a few military around that can answer your questions if you have them. :)

Try everything once. If it kills you don't do it again.Paleo- So Easy A Caveman Can Do It

I'm glad to see some people here are also enlisted. I'm less worried about being able to do the workouts. I'm fairly certain I can get through pretty well. But I figured If I was in terrific shape then I only would have to focus on beating the mental stress. I wanted to go active but I have a child and decided this was the best route. However, I give you all my respect for being an active air force member. Also shortstuff....I don't think any amount of army training could prepare me for an encounter with an Australian spider...Or even an Australian gnat...So you get respect for living in the land of deadly everything

Have fun in boot camp! Don't let stuff get to you and focus on your training. Enjoy your time with family now and once you leave put them out of mind when you train. In the army you will have time to contact them and stuff so you will be fine on that front. Just kick ass and take names! I cross trained with the army quite a bit and they are pretty laid back once basic is over with so hang in there.

Jason USMC-vet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

JakSavage

Level 2 Half-Dragon Ranger

STR:6 DEX:5 STA:5 CON:3 WIS:4 CHA:3

All your specs are belong to us!

Archived