Forums are back in action! ×

CeeCee pokes her head out from under a rock

Which is a good first step. Eventually I plan to be lifting and throwing said rock.

I found NF sometime in February if I recall correctly. I used to be in really good shape. I used to climb trees like nobody's business. I've run track, cross country and even a marathon. But somehow I lost all who that person was. The past 3 years have been consumed with nursing school and my first nursing position. Too much stress, not enough sleep and not nearly enough fun movement have resulted in body-by-cortisol.

Stress developed into full fledged depression and I found I had little to no energy to do anything other than go to work and maybe immerse myself in my computer game or stare at SyFy. Well, I got sick of that! (Both literally and figuratively.) I am ready to replace that with body-by-intention. Or heck, even body-by-joy. I want to dance, hike and camp again.

Step 1: Do something about the depression. I was soundly considering not mentioning this here, but I KNOW exercise and diet help with depression so long as one can get the depression lifted enough to get the fitness and diet going. I started nutritional therapy with a back up plan of pharma. So far it is working well enough to get me to Step 2.

Step 2: Take on Rebel Fitness for real, not just as a Good Idea. This meant (among other things) saying Yes to the challenge when I found it (yesterday - in the nick of time.) It also meant willing myself to actually engage with other people (or orcs/dwarves/elves/etc as the case might be.) This leads to Step 3.

Step 3: Join and participate in the forum and the Rebellion. Um, yes... talking to people, kinda scary. Forum structure... really baffling.

But here I am. Baby adventurer. Wanna be assassin (though I'm not even close to having the gymnastic skills for it). Gonna be something better than yesterday. Even if that just means getting outside.

Half-elf Assassin, lvl 2St: 5, Dex: 3, Sta: 2, Con: 2, Wis: 3, Char: 3

Current Challenge: TBD

Battle Log: Up-Down, Up-Down, Repeat as Necessary

Burpee Backlog: 10

Under the rock got too cramped. 

Last challenge I did succeed in getting out and doing stuff.  One of the stuffs was an adventure park.  And I fell in love with it.

So I decided I am not going to wait for the strength and gymnastics to join the Assassins. 

I'll find them on the way.

<nods>

Half-elf Assassin, lvl 2St: 5, Dex: 3, Sta: 2, Con: 2, Wis: 3, Char: 3

Current Challenge: TBD

Battle Log: Up-Down, Up-Down, Repeat as Necessary

Burpee Backlog: 10

howdy ceecee :)

I am a nurse too... I work 3-12's a week... 1900-0700... my schedule is pretty cool... I work on a pattern and every 3 weeks I have 8 days off...

welcome to the rebellion!

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Archived