Forums are back in action! ×

Hello Nerd Fittness!

I'm from Perth, Western Australia. I love Star Wars, graphic novels, my Stormtrooper husband, chicks with pianos, a good drink or 10, dancing and Roller Derby.

Im here because even thou I was very strong and athletic, I have some bad habits to break. Mostly that I keep breaking myself!

As a teenager I was an olympic weightlifter until I broke my back.

3.5 years ago I got on the derby track and fell back in love with strength and endurance training, only to break my arm in my second season.

This year I got back on the track for half a game before tearing a grade 2 in my PLC.

My goals are to get fitness and strength to protect my body from further injury and let me do the things I love every day, instead of sobbing into a carton of Conissioure Cookies and Cream icecream while icing and elavating *insert relevant injury/ies here* and loose some body fat.

I really love the blogs and feeling of support in what I've seen so far... nice to know there are similar minded adventurers out there:)

RANGERLevel 1

Str: 3 Dex: 2 Sta: 3 Con: 2 Wis: 2 Cha: 3

"Not a sprinter, but with some endurance. Not a warrior, but with some strength. Not a monk, but with some moves!"

Hey Dayzee! Welcome. What a great avatar! And glad to hear you're ready to make some changes....I'm sure you'll find lots of opportunities to do that here. We already have a 6 week challenge going, but if you feel ready you can set some goals and jump in at any time :)

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

Hi!

wow, you've broken some things all right. I've yet to break a bone but I'm told it is painful.

I'm sure I said 'welcome' to another roller derby person only a few days ago... if you do a search of this forum you should be able to find them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mist, Level 3 Half-orc Adventurer

STR: 5 | DEX: 3 | STA: 3.5 | CON: 5 | WIS: 8.75 | CHA: 4

Third time's the charm - My current challenge thread

Interested in my progress? - My First Challenge & My Second Challenge

Thanks everyone:)

Mist; Thankyou, my Hubby is a trooper:)

There are probably a few of us Derby Girls on these forums...we have a tendancy towards the geeky!

Im looking forward to my first challenge. I am very much a Ranger at the moment. Its well nerdy but I'm alot like Avatar Kora; all fire, water and earth but no air and no control. I want to work on becoming a more Monk like Ranger.

My derby wife and fellow NF Follower is has beene helping me set some goals.

Im working on making them more measureable and specific, but my aims so far include:

-cutting out complexity from my diet and flushing out with heaps of water and NO ALCOHOL!

-enjoying the simple sweaty goodness of derby training and strength training.

-do one thing every day that improves my foot work and agility

-get my house organised so that things are easier to find and my mind is clearer

Being disorganised and busy is a big part of my problem i think, too much going on. I was talking to a guy yesterday about his rental property and how he hates it because he’s always having to fix stuff. Out of my mouth came “i guess stuff gets broken when we are using them without thinking about using them”

So im going to take some of my own advice and think about my body a bit more and why I keep getting broken and go from there.

RANGERLevel 1

Str: 3 Dex: 2 Sta: 3 Con: 2 Wis: 2 Cha: 3

"Not a sprinter, but with some endurance. Not a warrior, but with some strength. Not a monk, but with some moves!"

Archived