Forums are back in action! ×

I'm a nOOb here!

Hey all!

I'm going paleo because it makes me feel better. Even though I love all things gluten (apparently), it does not do my body good.

Also, having support makes it a bit easier.

I've been heavy my whole life. It does not please me. Now that I'm inching toward 40, I want to get healthier so I don't get the family diabetes.

I love steak, so I'll probably eat a lot of it. YOU CAN'T STOP ME.

So yeah, hi! I'm here now. yay!

Hi! Welcome to the rebellion!

Bread products are hard to give up at first, but if you're really hooked on them, try buying soy, coconut or almond flour (there's also bean flour, which isn't technically paleo depending on how strict you are. I use it all the time, but some people don't eat beans on the paleo diet) to make the bread products you love. Use oil or apple sauce instead of butter, honey or maple syrup instead of sugar. But remember, this is just a crutch to help ease you into the paleo lifestyle, don't rely on it. Imitating non-paleo food with paleo ingredients isn't really good for you as far as changing habits and having the right mentality about food. But I used to make what I called "paleo bread" (it's not completely paleo, but as close as I was willing to get at first) every week when I was starting out. It allowed me to keep eating sandwiches and toast when I just couldn't think of something paleo to eat. But now, I'm finding I need it less and less. I haven't made my bread in probably a month now because I just don't crave bread-stuff anymore. So hopefully this will help you out!

I love steak too =D I'm just keeping an eye on my cholesterol now that I eat so much meat. You should too!

Level 4 Shape Shifting AdventurerSTR: 3.5 | DEX: 6.5 | STA: 6.0CON: 5.75 | WIS: 8.25 | CHA: 7.25

don't put so much awesomesauce on the steak and you'll probably lose a pound a week easy.

Welcome to the community and good luck!

Assassin: Rank: 6 (Disciple) STR: 10 DEX: 20 STA: 7 CON: 6 WIS: 6 CHA: 5
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
"Though one may conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, yet he indeed is the noblest victor who conquers himself." - Buddha
Height: 5'9" Weight: 215lbs Age: 34
|RW's Chronicle(log)| RW's Introduction|Fitocracy|Challenge|

Archived