Because d-bells don't lie,

They don't ask you "why?"

As long as you're a guy,

Who wants a better life,

They're there to help you fight.

:very_drunk::very_drunk::very_drunk::very_drunk:

Slightly overwhelmed Level 1 MONKSTR 2.5DEX 2STA 2.5CON 2WIS 3CHA 3

ah poetry, now thats how to introduce yourself to a bunch of meatheads :P lol

I too am a history nerd friend, welcome to NF!

Assassin: Rank: 6 (Disciple) STR: 10 DEX: 20 STA: 7 CON: 6 WIS: 6 CHA: 5
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
"Though one may conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, yet he indeed is the noblest victor who conquers himself." - Buddha
Height: 5'9" Weight: 215lbs Age: 34
|RW's Chronicle(log)| RW's Introduction|Fitocracy|Challenge|

ah poetry, now thats how to introduce yourself to a bunch of meatheads :P lol

I too am a history nerd friend, welcome to NF!

Yeah! I like military history, what's your poison?

Also, I see you're training to be an assasin. What does the training for that look like? I mean, I know it's rock climbing, parkour, but aside from that please tell me if you use paleo, do BW exercises etc.

Right now, I'm an adventurer, can't really decide what I'll be yet, seeing as how I'm in awe of anyone with any physical skill.

That said, I currently train Judo, and do pushups and squats, in addition to one arm DB rows.

As far as pushups go, I do them like a champ, but my big problem are pullups. I can't do a single damn thing, but I hope to be able to by losing some weight while doing the DB rows.

I'm a big fan of Steve's Zombie Apocalypse workout, since I'm pressed for time, so I'd like to use DB rows instead of the "max Pullups 'till failure" part. What do you think?

My stats: Height: 177.5 cms (about 5' 10") Weight: currently 175 lbs

I have a problem regarding the BF%, though. Where I'm from, we don't have those fat calipers, so I don't know how to calculate it. If you have a calculator for that somewhere on the net, please post it.

Thanks in advance!

yes I am an assassin. I'm a beginner in parkour and 90% of the exercises I do are bodyweight to some degree or another. When I first joined NF in July I could not do a pull-up. Now I can do three max, well I could before I developed tendonitis in my elbow LOL.. I think I pushed myself too far too fast, this is my biggest lesson learned. I have yet to go full Paleo but I do about 90% Paelo naturally since my weight loss surgery.

in terms of history for me it's ancient history, when I was young I loved ancient Rome and the medieval era, now I'm fascinated with ancient China.

Assassin: Rank: 6 (Disciple) STR: 10 DEX: 20 STA: 7 CON: 6 WIS: 6 CHA: 5
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
"Though one may conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, yet he indeed is the noblest victor who conquers himself." - Buddha
Height: 5'9" Weight: 215lbs Age: 34
|RW's Chronicle(log)| RW's Introduction|Fitocracy|Challenge|

yes I am an assassin. I'm a beginner in parkour and 90% of the exercises I do are bodyweight to some degree or another. When I first joined NF in July I could not do a pull-up. Now I can do three max, well I could before I developed tendonitis in my elbow LOL.. I think I pushed myself too far too fast, this is my biggest lesson learned.

in terms of history for me it's ancient history, when I was young I loved ancient Rome and the medieval era, now I'm fascinated with ancient China.

Corups Juris civilis, eh? Pretty cool stuff there!

Also, my location: birthplace of the first Roman Emperor to convert to Christianity. Can you guess where?

Fitness wise, I'd like to ask you something. When I do pullups, I can raise myself up to where my upper arms are parralel to the ground, but at that point it's impossible to go any further. It's as if my arms and back say "Nope. No way".

Did you have this problem when you first started out? Or is my form bad?

Archived