Forums are back in action! ×

New and Nervous

Hi! I'm a 34 year old massage therapist living in the beautiful Pacific Northwest! I'm a lover of rain and lazy days watching movies and drinking tea. Lazy makes you fat....I've discovered. I'm excited to be making some major health changes. I found NerdFitness while researching Paleo. I've been in the gym 4-5 days a week for the past 6 weeks and I've seen no results! :mad-new:

So...here I am. Seeking help and support! I have big goals and a really decent gym to work out in! This is my time! I want this fat off of me!! Most of it before I turn 35 (in March)!! AAAHHHH!!! :hororr:

I look forward to chatting and learning lots and lots more!!! My diet will start in the next couple days....I need to hit the grocery store!

Cethanie

Welcome to NF Cethanie.

Just something I picked up from experience and have heard everywhere, diet is a big player in weightloss. It's all good and well working your butt off at gym but then going home and eating all the wrong things.

When I first started weaning my self into Paleo I discovered that the more I weaned myself off of wheats and grains, the more the cms came off. I am still not entirely weaned but it definitely has worked for me. My doctor checked me for wheat allergies recently and although I'm not allergic he has discovered that my body doesn't break glutens down as well as it should. Ism starting Whole 30on my next challenge, so will be my first step in going full Paleo.

Also this is a great forum - tons of advice and support and just general awesomeness. Why not consider joining the next 6 week challenge on 12 november? You can lurk on the current challenge threads to get a better feel for it and maybe even try a 3 week challenges or similar?

Good luck. We're certainly rooting for you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Archived