Forums are back in action! ×

Just kind of came to a point in my my life where enough is enough and it's time to turn it around. I was very unhealthy growing up but really found my stride in college. I used to triathlons and would frequently win my age group. A sole injury where the doc said no exercise for 4 months started me on the slide I still currently on. I went from 149lbs (5'9" guy btw) to my current 197lbs. From an easy run for the day at 8 miles and 7-8min/mile to barely passing the air force physical fitness test. While I enjoyed triathlons and would like eventually to get back to them, also would like to just develop some overall strength. Looking forward to being part of the rebellion!

So today I critically failed a dexterity check and found out I have Piriformis Syndrome. Basically I have a muscle that needs to be stretched daily or I got a lot of pain down my leg. While I can't work out for a week or so tell this current case settles down, it has given me a lot of motivation to really get back into shape. The doc said that being overweight was also a probably factor in why it has come up again. So working on a stretching routine and also going to really go after the diet and workout plans I have seen around this great community. Look forward to talking with you all more.

Archived