Forums are back in action! ×

Been out for a minute. Here's what's new...

Howdy, gang.

I just wanted to drop in and give a quick update for y'all since I've been gone for a couple months all silent on the airwaves.

TL;DR continue to bottom.

Last I checked in I was crazy busy working at a warehouse unloading semi-trucks. Well, my hours there went from 40-45 a week to 60-65 a week and I quickly lost time to be on the internet. Literally, there would be days when I didn't log onto my computer. I know some of you can feel my pain.

But, it turns out that working 65 hours a week lifting heavy stuff is a decent workout, so despite eating like every fourth grader's best dream, I still dropped 25 pounds over the three months and got down to the low 220s after hitting above 245 in my last few weeks of college. I'll try to attach some pictures below for reference.

I fit into clothes that I couldn't wear last year, and I felt considerably better than I did throughout last Spring.

I've gotten out of the warehouse and am now working in sales for a telecom company for much, much better pay and for much better employers. I have an actual schedule (instead of just "come in and 6am and leave when we say). I get to wear nice clothes to work instead of steel toes and t-shirts (and I'm not bashing steel toes and t-shirts; it was really comfy. I just like getting dressed up for work).

I've also taken the opportunity to become more involved in campus ministry at my church, which has given me not only something to do with a lot of my new free time, but also a much better connection to a great community and my church.

Also, I'm back on the boards here again! Even if I am at work and probably shouldn't be on here... ;)

So, in short, everything is progressing well and if I can find a gym nearby to keep up the level of fitness I was getting in the warehouse, I should still be on track to do alright over the foreseeable future.

TL;DR

Got a new job! Woot!

Dropped 25 pounds! Woot!

Can fit into clothes again! Woot!

Getting more involved at church! Woot!

Back on NF Forums! Woot!

Sidebar: Can't seem to upload photos right now. Not sure what gives.

Cowboy - Human Adventurer
STR: 3 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 2 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

if I can find a gym nearby to keep up the level of fitness I was getting in the warehouse, I should still be on track to do alright over the foreseeable future.

Got a new job! Woot!

Dropped 25 pounds! Woot!

Can fit into clothes again! Woot!

Getting more involved at church! Woot!

Back on NF Forums! Woot!

Don't forget about body weight work outs if you can't find a gym. Stop by the Assassins if you need any suggestions.

Congrats on all the woots!

Like a machine gun of woots

Kyliewyotie

Level 15 Coyote Tinkerer
STR 27  DEX 18  STA 15  CON 14  WIS 14  CHA 12

Current Challenge

Most definitely! I've actually been giving that a bit more thought, and the only things stopping me from forgoing the gym idea entirely are access to free weights and a way to do pull ups. Before the school year started, I went over to the elementary school down the street and monkeyed around on their monkey bars, but it's fall now here in MI and it'll be winter soon (either in a couple months or tomorrow. Never can be sure).

I know I can buy free weights cheaper than a gym membership on a long enough timeline, so if I can just find the right pull up bar for regular use, I imagine that I should be fine without the gym.

Which, actually, is another woot. I discovered after a few months at the warehouse while playing on the playground that I can do a pull up. One. Which is one more pull up than I've done ever in my life before. I can't believe I forgot that in my woot post...

But heck yeah, I'll be sure to comb through the Assassins section for some bodyweight tips! Thanks muchly!

Will do! I'm thinking next week I may start solidifying a regular routine for my mornings. I've only been at my new job a week, so I'm still getting used to a lot, and my week is much busier toward the end than at the beginning. But, maybe I'll start this week/end. Who knows?

I'll be sure to swing by to get some tips for what I should be starting with, though!

Big thanks! And I agree about this new challenge...the first week of work was definitely tough...lots of morning hot chocolate/donuts and going out to lunch. I'm starting to settle back into bringing my lunch with me daily and my increased income should allow me to be more selective when shopping for groceries. It should be fun!

I know what you mean! Today I had to strike a balance. At work I had exposure to both ice cream and cookies today. I had (literally) 2 tablespoons of ice cream, I was so proud of just having a bit for my sweet tooth.

And then I resisted the cookie. My boss came up to me at the end of the day and asked me if I wanted one of those super huge soft sugar cookies and I said without hesitation "No thank you, I am trying to watch my sugar", I couldn't believe I didn't pause to think about it like I usually have to!

It definitely takes a lot of practice and habit to get used to resisting desserts.

I um... did cave to getting 3 chicken tenders from Burger King. :(

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

Archived