Forums are back in action! ×

1st Parkour roll on concrete!

RandomWanderer

I just did my very first PK roll on concrete this morning! it wasn't a perfect one( felt a little bit of an impact instead of the fluid roll) but I didn't hurt myself either! This is more of a mental woot then a physical one I think, considering in the past two months all the rolls I did I feared doing it on anything other then grass or sand.

Assassin: Rank: 6 (Disciple) STR: 10 DEX: 20 STA: 7 CON: 6 WIS: 6 CHA: 5
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
"Though one may conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, yet he indeed is the noblest victor who conquers himself." - Buddha
Height: 5'9" Weight: 215lbs Age: 34
|RW's Chronicle(log)| RW's Introduction|Fitocracy|Challenge|

I used to do rolls in TaeKwonDo on occasion. Even on the mats, I managed to give myself concussions on two separate occasions. So that's really impressive, Congrats!

[TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

twothirdsbeth, level 1 scout

STR 1|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 4

[/TABLE]

Challenges: 1

Mileage Since 09/26: 4.5 miles

I post vids in my challenge thread. Thanks everyone. In my enthusiasm I've done two more rolls on hard carpet in my office and I was off form lol, roughed up my shoulder a little haha.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
"Though one may conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, yet he indeed is the noblest victor who conquers himself." - Buddha

Well ASL it's not that quick, my last challenge the roll was one of my goals so I did a bunch then. I had not really done any rolls since then until I did my first parkour jam/practice with others close to me and I learned how to roll better and found my line.

I still need to do a few thousand more rolls before I get it down ;p.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Major w00t! I think the hardest part by far is getting over the fear of splattering yourself on the pavement when you go to do a roll on concrete. Way to go!

The body is just a vehicle for the soul...

I wanna build a racecar!

LV. 4 Lycan Assassin STR: STA: 10CON: 8.25  WIS: 5CHA: 4.5   DEX: 3.50

Past Challenges: {1} {2} {3}

Archived