Forums are back in action! ×

One-legged swordsman at the KC Renfair

Maj. Bloodnok

My favorite part is the end: throw, disarm, kill, then the medics come out and carry away the crutch. I've seen him throw his crutch at an opponent to distract him then jump on his back. This is my 'no excuses' personal inspiration video.

"If you get into trouble, you can always eat something, blow something up, or throw penguins." - Jim Henson

I once watched a man with cerebral palsy pass his 4th dan examination in Shotokan. He fought from a kneeling position. It was an amazing thing to watch; he'd shift just enough to avoid a strike, then fire off these blindingly fast counterpunches. It helped that his opponents weren't used to the difference in height. Once again, no excuses.

"If you get into trouble, you can always eat something, blow something up, or throw penguins." - Jim Henson

Awesome is the right word.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Archived