Forums are back in action! ×

Hello there!

Hey guys, my name is Riley, I'm 17 and from the UK.

I started reading Steve's blog a few weeks ago because I recently started College and wanted to get out of myself you know? I was wanting to know how to appear more confident, and how to talk more often in social situations. Because I'm a bit of a weirdo, I am usually talkative and I don't slouch or anything, but sometimes it does happen where I can go a whole day without talking. It also doesn't help when people say to me after about 10 minutes of meeting me, "Oh you're quiet aren't you?" Well no, your just talkative. I mean, I had a girl say this to me after meeting me for literally 5 seconds. So I found Steve's article on how to appear more confident, and well it really helped! It's the only blog that I can relate to and that actually makes much sense, so I started to read through other articles & found out that the website is primarily a fitness site! It can't get much better. I've always been a skinny person, and with people telling me that "You're too skinny, eat more." "Are you anorexic?" "I've never seen you eat before, do you actually eat?" How ignorant can people be? So I started to do Steve's Beginner Body Weight Workout, and wow it's amazing. I do it along with sit-ups & a few crunches, and wow I can see my six-pack coming through lol. I've also always had really thin arms, and it's amazing how quickly I can see them growing. I used to think that I needed to eat 10 cheeseburgers to gain weight, but even eating like that never added a pound on my waist, but now... Because I have like zero% body fat on me it's easy to see the muscle coming through and I'm at the happiest point in my life. I know I have a long way to go, but I can see my life improving already. My home-work essays are getting handed in on-time, I've been out searching for a job on the side (no luck yet there) & I am actually revising for exams! This is some life changing stuff. I wasn't sure why I joined these forums, but I guess it's to share a story and to go through this (whether your gaining or losing weight, or just staying fit) together! Well I didn't expect to write this much, but thanks for reading if you did. Hope to see you around here... Okay now where shall I go? :)

Rebels learn early that peoples perceptions are their own, and not to worry about them ;). Let them think your a 10 foot anorexic giant from mars for all you care hehe.

welcome to the Rebellion.

Assassin: Rank: 6 (Disciple) STR: 10 DEX: 20 STA: 7 CON: 6 WIS: 6 CHA: 5
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
"Though one may conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, yet he indeed is the noblest victor who conquers himself." - Buddha
Height: 5'9" Weight: 215lbs Age: 34
|RW's Chronicle(log)| RW's Introduction|Fitocracy|Challenge|

Hey Riley, nice to meet you :) There's a place for everyone around here; what is it you are hoping to accomplish fitness-wise? Each of the guilds kind of focuses on a different area, although if you don't really know where you want to start you can join the adventurers until you have decided where you fit. Wherever you end up, welcome! We're glad to have you!!

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

Archived