Forums are back in action! ×

A Change Is Gonna Come...

My life hasn't turned out the way that I thought it would. Its turned out exactly the way I planned it: happenstance, unbalanced, random and unpredictable (in large part because my plan was "Plan? I don't need no stinkin' plan!" I kind of just took things as they came. And things came in a crazy, kind of happenstance manner.

A few weeks ago I met a young woman that has a ridiculous zeal for living and I think I got infected. I wanted to approach life the way she did. I wanted to live boldly, loudly and without compromise. And that got me to thinking about what I would need to do to get there.

the one thing I knew would have to happen is that I'd have to start taking care of myself. The me I envisioned didn't look like the me I saw every morning in the mirror. The me I envisioned was happy, active, and thrumming with energy. He danced. He played basketball. He knew how to fight and had the body to prove it. The vision of his body was his receipt that he cared about himself.

The person I saw looking back at me in the mirror said none of those things.

And so I started changing. I went back to school (dropped out years ago), got to go to the free gym there, found some free counseling services and ultimately wound up here.

Hope I'm able to learn and help someone else learn as well.

I'm Chris. Pleasedtomeetya.

Half-Elf Adventurer

Level 1 Adventurer

STR:2|DEX:3|CON:2|STA:3|WIS:2|CHA:3

"Whether you believe you can or you can't, you're absolutely right."

Are you really Grailz or just a Grailz-shaped beacon?

It sounds like you have already done the important things to start. NF can hopefully give you guidance on how to continue. I would also suggest Artofmanliness.com, its a good blog for guys wanting to take charge of their lives.

Good luck on the journey.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Archived