Forums are back in action! ×

Pictures in your Nerd Fitness Gear?

spezzy

Hey guys!

So I've been seeing a lot of pictures as avatars/on facebook of people in NF gear, but they're pictures that haven't been sent in!

We've made a page, here:

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/rebels-around-the-world/

And would love submissions. Paste your photo here and I'll get it added (or send it to contact@nerdfitness.com)

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

Oooo! I've been meaning to upload some from my new New England trip.

See below. First one is some pushups on Mt. Washington. Second is some jumping jacks out at Acadia National Park, or at least the campground I stayed at :).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6005[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6006[/ATTACH]

post-177-13567245240649_thumb.jpg

post-177-13567245241116_thumb.jpg

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

My pictures pale in comparison to bigm's. But he does everything big, per his name. So here's what I've got.

My pictures are from the great ball of twine in Cawker City, Kansas. The only reason I thought to wear my shirt was because Steve mentioned it in one of his articles and I thought, "Hey, I'm gonna do that!"

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6079[/ATTACH]

My nephew thought we really could push it. This is my favorite, but you can't see the shirt. (In hindsight, we thought to turn the shirt around, but there was no going back. When you're headed out of Boondocks, KS, you're on your way OUT.)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6078[/ATTACH]

Decidedly less awesome, but only one I have showing the shirt somewhat clearly. (There were also attempts to "squat" said ball. Also didn't look like what I wanted. Creative fail.)

post-3954-13567245275525_thumb.jpg

post-3954-13567245276045_thumb.jpg

post-3954-13567245275525_thumb.jpg

post-3954-13567245276045_thumb.jpg

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

2" washers for smaller weight increases

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6417[/ATTACH]

I just took a pic for myself because I was so happy to have gotten it!

post-5025-13567245485325_thumb.jpg

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Here's me and my cousin in his robotic dinosaur time travelling vibrams and my in my NF hoody (I told him about them after reading about them here and they sorted his shin splints right out). This is in the car park just before the UK NW Tough Mudder last sunday at Cholmondeley Castle Gardens. Not anything I would have ever imagined myself doing a couple of years ago (hell, running up a flight of stairs then was out of my reach).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6448[/ATTACH]

There are other pictures but I didn't wear the hoody round the course ... it was a life saver in the car on the way back though.

post-2852-13567245519186_thumb.jpg

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

601204_583624058314847_650742682_n.jpg

zip-lining in the best hoodie ever

...  with a banana sticker on it.....

there is never a sudden revelation, a complete and tidy explanation for why it happened, or why it ends, or Why or Who you are. you want one and I want one, but there isn't one. it comes in bits and pieces, and you stitch them together wherever they fit, and when you are done you hold yourself up, and still there are holes and you are a rag doll, invented, imperfect. and yet you are all that you have, so you must be Enough. there is no other way.

Marya Hornbacher, Wasted: A Memoir of Anorexia and Bulimia

Oh, go on then.

is that an Arty in NF gear?!  I dig it.  :D

there is never a sudden revelation, a complete and tidy explanation for why it happened, or why it ends, or Why or Who you are. you want one and I want one, but there isn't one. it comes in bits and pieces, and you stitch them together wherever they fit, and when you are done you hold yourself up, and still there are holes and you are a rag doll, invented, imperfect. and yet you are all that you have, so you must be Enough. there is no other way.

Here's another one, with Scrabble wanting to be the centre of attention (as usual):

but of course.  cats should always be the centre of attention.  XD

not being very sporty or anything, but I'm Leveling Up my life by doing crafts with my mom.  it was nice being Creative again, and connecting with her.

40824_10100479887249380_1894112937_n.jpg

rygyhehe.jpgumata5u3.jpguhetuqu2.jpg3y4azega.jpg

Just a few of the ones I have on my phone :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

rygyhehe.jpgumata5u3.jpguhetuqu2.jpg3y4azega.jpg

Just a few of the ones I have on my phone :)

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

253355_10200252660014071_271710205_n.jpg

Spoiler

FYI, I just got my new NF long sleeved shirt and I wanted to make sure everyone knows that it's really nice.  Super high quality, really comfy, and great to wear.  I wore it two days in a row before I had to relinquish it for washing.  I think my favorite thing about it is that while I'm wearing it, it makes it a lot easier to make healthy choices.  

Pictures coming soon BELOW!

shirt.jpg  

Me teaching the sister-in-law how to make paleo custard for desert!

Level 3 Human Ranger
STR: 9 DEX: 5.25 STA: 14.5 CON: 5.5 WIS: 16 CHA: 5.5 
My Current Challenge

gany3yhe.jpg8emusubu.jpg

29.6 miles in 80 degree weather on the bicycle

Spoiler

Half way done... beating the eighty mile mark on the Greenbrier river trail chilling with my thirteen year old boy

9eheqesu.jpg

At the trail terminus

apy2ezy5.jpg(I was ready to cry)

Cool bridge on the way back... did some planks but you can't tell it's nf gear so this is the best pic to representy8ara9a7.jpg

Spoiler

Archived