Forums are back in action! ×

Getting ready to retire and want to live to enjoy it!

Hello NF!!

Almost a year ago I crawled out of a bottle of rum after 20 years. Now that I can actually see clearly, I don’t really like what I am looking at. I am an overweight, out of shape middle aged woman who eats like crap.

I retire at the end of the year and if I keep going in the same direction, I doubt I will live to 60. It is time to make some changes and I think the motivation and support from NF is just the thing I need.

I was a RPG player back in the day when I had to keep it secret from my parents because the news media said that RP games (along with heavy metal music) would cause kids to worship the devil and commit suicide. LOL I love the concept of life being a RPG and becoming whatever you want to be. Soooo:

I am a half-giant (5’6â€/187lbs) who wants to be a ranger when I grow up.

My current goal (just one for now, baby steps) is:

To fit into my size 36 jeans

I plan to accomplish this by:

Not drinking soda (I’m on day four and going strong)

Not eating fast food (I’m on day three)

Cutting out the canned and processed box dinners loaded with preservatives and crap

Walking daily until I lose enough weight to safely increase my exercise level.

I went to the store today and purchased food. Not the normal TGI Fridays and other nuke it quick junk. I got green, red, purple and beige stuff. My daughter told me they are called fruits and vegetables. I also got raw beef and chicken. Not the previously chopped, molded, breaded and fried kind. When I got home I put the beef in the oven. (I have never used this oven yet) When it got done, I shredded it up, put it zip-locks and all I have to do is grab a bag to throw in whatever I am eating. I plan on doing the same thing with the chicken tomorrow.

So there’s my plan. I have some longer term goals, but I am trying to keep it simple right now. Baby steps. Make changes I can follow through with, not just for a few months, but for a lifetime.

INSANITY - Doing the same thing, time after time, expecting a different result.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC][TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

[/TD]

Mattie, level 1 Half-Giant Ranger

STR 2|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 3

[/TABLE]
Guest Snake McClain

it sounds like you are on a great starting path. You have already made big moves to changing your life and extending it. you can do do this mattie!

I cannot wait to hear about progress you make. Please keep us informed.

:D

Oh crap... I play RPGs and I listen to heavy metal music... And I'm a red head girl... Woah, I've got everything against me, don't be surprised in I end up in jail !! XD

Your goals are really great, yes they are simples but they'll allow you to create a good basis for your next goals and for all your life ! :)

Welcome here, I'm sure you'll find all the keys to achieve all what you want !

(And Ranger is the best guild, don't listen what the others say :P)

STR 7.5 | DEX 1.5 | STA 4.5 | CON 5 | WIS 6.5 | CHA 3Challenges : First | Second Third

Hi, Mattie. Welcome to the Rangers from a former middle-aged overweight out-of-shape man who ate like crap. (Well, I guess I'm still middle-aged.)

HALF-OGRE
Level 3 Ranger / Level 1 Sexy Grandpa

Str: 10.75 Dex: 11 Sta: 9.25 Con: 7.5 Wis: 6.75 Cha: 5.75

"The chief cause of failure and unhappiness is trading what you want most for what you want right nowâ€. ― Zig Ziglar

Introduction
Current 6 week challenge
My workout log

Specialization is for insects. Do all the things!

Thanks all. Day three and going strong. Going to transfer my battle log from Ipad to forum hopefully tomorrow.

INSANITY - Doing the same thing, time after time, expecting a different result.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC][TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

[/TD]

Mattie, level 1 Half-Giant Ranger

STR 2|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 3

[/TABLE]

Archived