Forums are back in action! ×

How much cloth for outdoor do i need in this wet/cold season

Kahuna

As child, i was told usually get alot of cloth, layer principle or you get the cold etc. But how much do we really need? Especially that cold helps losing alot of wieght (brown or hybrid fat cells)?

Can i walk in a t shirt without problem? Short pants? Can you run barefoot (for those who like that)? Do i need to cover only special places (like ears for example, maybe face?).

I consider to go for a walk in the cold weather, with t-shirt and maybe short pants, shoes, instead of cold showers because i hate these, so at least i can walk. But i`m afraid getting sick, so i`m not open to just test it completly for myself and want to check with ours. Maybe some can even point to some scientific reports how much we really need not to get ill.

What's cold to you might not be cold to me, 30F degrees to me isn't that cold...

50-45f Long sleeve cotton t-shirt with a short sleeve tech shirt underneath, shorts, bandana

45-35f Long sleeve cotton t-shirt long sleeve tech shirt, shorts, stretch gloves, bandana

35-30f Fleece jacket short sleeve tech shirt, shorts, will run for beer hat, gloves

30f - >, is when I put on pants and start the whole layering thing under my jacket

Also I have learned having a good wind breaker is much needed item in the winter around here, it might be a nice 35f out but with the winds it can end up in the teens, which I would have the tendency to over dress accounting for the wind and get up on a trail that's protected from the wind and overheat

And dressing like I do leaves me a little chilly at times but I have never had frostbite or gotten hypothermia even on long training runs in the middle of winter.

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

Archived