Forums are back in action! ×

World of Warcraft nerds, anyone?

Mgn

I have both tomorrow night and Saturday evening entirely free.

Would anyone like to run 100 Horde, or either 90+ Alliance or Horde dungeons either (or both) of those nights?

I'm booked up tonight and Friday, but I should be available Saturday.  Horde or Alliance is cool with me.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I tried to play it again... but my life doesn't have any niche to fit it into any more. It killed me to get to level 100 (which I only achieved about two weeks ago), and after that I only logged in for about an hour a week, if that. I find it boring. I'd rather advance myself in other ways (reading, learning new recipes, etc).

I barely play video games at all anymore. It's kind of sad. Rome Total War II is a thing, mostly because my boyfriend plays it and a multiplayer battle doesn't take very long (as he demolishes me).

Between trying to adjust to new life in a new town, with a new full time job, and trying to keep eating healthy... blah.

• Like 1

Primal Chai
Race: Human | Class: Adventurer

[Level: 0 | STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0 ]

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."  - Christopher Hitchens

Shaaraway tried adding you but it was giving me a not found error. Added everyone else I saw!

Sorry, just checked, I am elrohiir#1670!!  #numbers

• Like 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

I miss this game terribly but I log in and find there is nothing I really want to do now.  Ideas for WoW motivation?  Something to jumpstart the fun and adventures, rather than the grind.

• Like 1

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

I miss this game terribly but I log in and find there is nothing I really want to do now.  Ideas for WoW motivation?  Something to jumpstart the fun and adventures, rather than the grind.

Get a good group/guild for pushing rating in pvp, or progression in raiding.  Or achievement hunting, if that's your thing.  Or pet battles.  Or RPing.  Or whatever.  Just do it with a group.  

• Like 1

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I wouldn't mind finding an RBG guild/group but I just don't know that I'm up to par to keep up.  I do think it's time to shop around for a quality guild and get back into some casual raiding and quality PVP.

My friends convinced me to faction change my Hunter... and I miss the Horde.  I hate that Human racials have all but forced PVPers to go Alliance.  Hmph!

Fight-for-the-Horde.jpg

• Like 2

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

My fiancee is trying to talk me into playing again. I quit during Mists because ugh. Always played an Orc Hunter. What I miss about the game is hanging out with a really cool guild but I find they are incredibly difficult to find these days. Guilds just don't DO anything together it seems. Though some of the current content looks fun.

• Like 1

Level 5 Viking Berserker

Str: 10 | Dex: 10 | Stam: 8 | Con: 15 | Wis: 18 | Cha: 12

Battle Log || Current Challenge Log

Fitocracy | My Fitness Pal | Runkeeper

Twitter | Xbox Live: ravnos13 | PSN: CrawlingChaos13

Nintendo ID | Steam ID | Battle.net: ravnos#1547

When I was in a moderate-hardcore raiding guild back in Vanilla and through BC, I had four different guilds that I felt deeply at home among.  I think the game had a better social and community atmosphere then.  I know a lot of people wax nostalgic when it comes to Warcraft and Vanilla, but I was in university and had nothing but time to play, so raiding 3-4 days a week was simple.  When you're socializing and playing with more or less the same group of people it is easy to make friends and find yourself feeling excited to log on and play every day.

I fell off the raiding training by WOTLK and haven't felt at home in the game since.  Even later, through Cata and MOP when I figured having RL friends to play with would give me the same level of attachment to the game, I still haven't been able to recreate the feeling of comfort and belonging since.  Part of that I blame on how disconnected guilds are and how the game doesn't encourage community outside of raiding and PVP but I realize most of the blame lies with myself for growing beyond the game and enjoy far too many race and faction changes over the years.

At this point I think I would have to commit to a faction on at least one of my favorite classes, find an ideal server and guild, and then stay there so long as I want to enjoy the game.  Finding a community to play with rests solely on my own shoulders, I think.

• Like 3

I wouldn't mind finding an RBG guild/group but I just don't know that I'm up to par to keep up.  I do think it's time to shop around for a quality guild and get back into some casual raiding and quality PVP.

Don't worry.  It's getting nerfed.  

You're absolutely right in that having a solid group of people to play with is a huge factor in making the game fun.  Getting in with a good, solid raiding/pvp guild has made a big difference.  If you're looking now, my guild is always looking for good PvPers.  

Or, the current Rated season is ending in (I think) 2 weeks-ish.  You could probably find a good guild in the break between seasons.  

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Re-lapsed WoW'er checking in :) I played vanilla-Cata before quitting because of busyness with family/babies. I briefly played MoP about a year and a half ago, but I still didn't really have the time for it. Last week, my wife mentioned that she was in the mood to play again, so I renewed the subscription.

I must say, coming back after a year and a half gone is a bit overwhelming! A lot has changed. I'm sure I'll get back into the swing of things again, though. Feel free to friend me - AvatarV#1918

I'm still deciding which faction/server to focus on. My highest level characters, currently, are -

• 88 Undead mage on Mannoroth
  • 85 Blood Elf priest on Feathermoon
  • 80 Draeni warrior on Misha
  • 80 Gnome mage on Misha
  • Like 2

Level 1 Myrmidon Ranger

[ str 3 | dex 3 | sta 2 | con 2 | wis 3 | cha 2 ]

Fitocracy

Re-lapsed WoW'er checking in :) I played vanilla-Cata before quitting because of busyness with family/babies. I briefly played MoP about a year and a half ago, but I still didn't really have the time for it. Last week, my wife mentioned that she was in the mood to play again, so I renewed the subscription.

I must say, coming back after a year and a half gone is a bit overwhelming! A lot has changed. I'm sure I'll get back into the swing of things again, though. Feel free to friend me - AvatarV#1918

I'm still deciding which faction/server to focus on. My highest level characters, currently, are -

• 88 Undead mage on Mannoroth
  • 85 Blood Elf priest on Feathermoon
  • 80 Draeni warrior on Misha
  • 80 Gnome mage on Misha

Glad to have ya!  And you're right, a lot changed with WOD.  I play Alliance almost exclusively (got a horde rogue on Mug'thol).  But as I tell my friends, play the one you enjoy the most!  That's what really matters.  I'm Oramac#1305. 

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Thanks for the welcome, Oramac. Any tips for someone returning after a long absence?

Take your time and enjoy it.  There's a lot that's changed, so don't fret.  Just roll with it.  If you can, play with friends.  If you add me on Battletag (I'm at work so I can't add you right now), I'm more than happy to answer questions.  Though I don't know much about priests TBH.  

And as I said above, the #1 thing is: HAVE FUN!  

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I had "powerleveled" my Shaman up a couple of months ago using a guide I found on Youtube.  Basically you cherry pick a handful of quests and most pick up treasure items as you move through various Draenor zones, while keeping your rested experience active, full 90-100 heirlooms, and chain-chugging those boosted experience potions from your Garrison.  It really only took a few hours, say 8 or so at the most.  But it burned me out and I was bored by the time I hit 100 over a couple of days.  When I did hit 100 my gear level was terrible and I couldn't be bothered to starting the long gear slog from the mid-500s to a 'competitive' 600+ that would get me into LFR.

But recently I've been craving some animalistic elemental power throw on top of a whirling dervish frame, and switched my Shaman back to Horde.  I've only been slowly hitting the normal dungeons on my way to heroic and enjoying the journey.  I've rocked out some seriously transmog runs, pretty much finding everything I want and need.

I'm very much enjoying my Warcraft journey again!

Ragnarok#1530 if you want to add me.  Also play Alliance on my 100 Hunter.

• Like 1

My fiancee power levels just by dungeon running. Got her shaman from 1-100 in a couple days as well. You still end up in the same boat of crappy gear and a long-slog to 635 iLevel though. It took her almost a month to get from 585 to 648... and that's with doing LRF every week once she was able to.

I'm like, 90% sure I'm going to start playing again in a few months (I need to buy WoD... and a new computer for my fiancee, she plays on mine because hers can't run the game anymore), so I made note of all your battletags. Mine is ravnos#1547. I'll be playing a Horde hunter on Blackrock, and an Alliance hunter on Sargeras, both named Daudsfall...

Level 5 Viking Berserker

Str: 10 | Dex: 10 | Stam: 8 | Con: 15 | Wis: 18 | Cha: 12

Battle Log || Current Challenge Log

Fitocracy | My Fitness Pal | Runkeeper

Twitter | Xbox Live: ravnos13 | PSN: CrawlingChaos13

Nintendo ID | Steam ID | Battle.net: ravnos#1547

I love me some Hunter action.  But I'm definitely "maining" my Shaman right now.  Damn I love Enhancement in WoD... even if the power level drops off toward competitive content. 

Won't be my problem any time soon though!  I spent the last two days working my way through regular and Heroic dungeons and now I'm finally set to start HM LFR.  I'm taking my time and going about things slowly (I still need to gather all of my Cores for the legendary ring quest line) and I'm really enjoying myself.

• Like 1

I play for a month or two every year. I have a 48 Gnome Fire Mage that I've leveled solely with questing. I've had quite a few people tell me I 'should' do this or that... but, that's all I really like to do. I think the art and music are gorgeous, and I'm not really into it for the stats. I've always wondered about joining a roleplaying guild... any thoughts or insight?

• Like 1