Forums are back in action! ×

New from St. Louis, MO

Good morning to everyone at NF,

My name is Dawn and I'm a mother of 2 who will be turning 40 in about 2 months from today. I'm here because after reading articles on this site for about a month, this morning I woke up at 5 am and said I'm NOW ready to change. So I'm going to use this site to track my progress to make me more accountable. I weighed this morning at 210 (BLAH) I'm 5'5" and this is not going to work. This is the heaviest I've ever been in my life. I spent most of my adult life (After kids) around 150 - 160 and felt pretty good about myself. The last 2 - 3 years have been stressful and I have gained all this weight in about 2 years time. SO no more! time to change and get back to be being a size 7/8 where I'm happy. If I get smaller great but I just want to feel good about me again.

So this morning I did the beginners workout and yes it kicked my butt, I made it through one round and did not give up. You have to start somewhere right?

See you soon...

Life is a crossroads, so which road will you choose?

Hey Lodemai!

Welcome to the rebellion. And yes, you do have to start somewhere. Great job pushing through the beginner's bodyweight workout -- it can be a challenge! (I'm definately not up to full circuits on it yet, but I will be, one of these days!) I hear you on wanting to lose weight; lots of us have that goal...so I'm sure you'll have lots of support. Look forward to seeing you around!

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

Steve got into your brain and you had your Eureka moment! welcome and good luck.

Assassin: Rank: 6 (Disciple) STR: 10 DEX: 20 STA: 7 CON: 6 WIS: 6 CHA: 5
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
"Though one may conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, yet he indeed is the noblest victor who conquers himself." - Buddha
Height: 5'9" Weight: 215lbs Age: 34
|RW's Chronicle(log)| RW's Introduction|Fitocracy|Challenge|

Archived