Forums are back in action! ×

Hello! Any "mature" (post menopausal) ladies in this rebellion?

OK, I'm not young or familiar with the role-playing games (except listening to my teens discuss them), but I'm ready to move to the next level in my fitness goals. I started one year ago to reverse the effects of 20 yrs. of neglecting my fitness. I have been rowing "crew" for a full year, and have dropped 20 pounds from my 5'7" frame. I know I'm building muscle in my legs, but I will need some guidance as I add upper-body work and ease myself into the paleo or nearly-paleo eating habits. I am still rowing, and the winter training is three times each week. I plan to work on my strength by adding two days of lifting and/or body-weight workout into my schedule.

I have some old shoulder issues (frozen shoulder history on both sides), and I have not regained full range of motion (exterior rotation). If anyone has come back into pushups and over-head lifting from similar background.....I would love to hear from you. :calm:

Goal 1: Eliminate sugar from my diet

Goal 2: Do 7 REAL pushups (not the girl-y kind on my knees)

Goal 3: Reduce waistline by one inch

Hi tracyquilts! Nice to meet you! We have a huge variety in age and interests on here, so I'm sure there's a few ladies fitting your description, but they might not be lurking here on the introduction board....

Anyway, awesome work you've done so far: losing 20 pounds is hard work! Come on in and make yourself at home -- it'll be exciting to celebrate with you as you reach those next goals!!

Edit: here's a thread about women over 50 in NF :)

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

rowing machine is one of my favorite activities at the gym.. I almost did it for real in college but then I heard they woke up at 5am every morning to run and though... hell no! lol.

Welcome to the NF community, there are people of all ages in the Rebellion.

Assassin: Rank: 6 (Disciple) STR: 10 DEX: 20 STA: 7 CON: 6 WIS: 6 CHA: 5
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
"Though one may conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, yet he indeed is the noblest victor who conquers himself." - Buddha
Height: 5'9" Weight: 215lbs Age: 34
|RW's Chronicle(log)| RW's Introduction|Fitocracy|Challenge|

Archived