Forums are back in action! ×

New rebel archer with multiple paths

Hello all rebel army nerds,

I found this site a few days ago and have found myself coming back daily reading just about everything and decided to finally create an account. As far as fitness im currently stuck in a rut trying to decide what I want to do. I just ran my first 5k the other day and loved every second of it and i have registered to run a few more and a 10k on the 31st of december and maybe longer runs afterwords, but i also love to have a have a muscular physique. Being able to not have to worry about people hitting on my wife is always a nice feeling.

At the moment im stuck trying to find a diet i really like. Currently im looking at the paleo diet, but im worried that wouldn't give me the energy to run longer distances like i want to. I saw the "300" diet and idea and i believe im going to look into that.

Some of my other wants is to join a martial arts gym in my local area as well as learn another language.

All in all what i hope to be able to do is just try a number of different things till i find something im comforatable with and that will give me the physique that im longing for.

Hi welcome to the family! If you want to increase your muscular size and strength, then you have no other choice but to do a little sacrifice on your running career. I actually do half-marathons before while doing weightlifting as well. You'll probably gain some muscle at first especially if you've been sedentary most of your life but there will come a time that you will stall. If i may suggest, limit your running to 25-45 minutes only. You can also add sprint training and HIIT.

I'd also recommend the following weight lifting programs. They're so easy to do and have a very scientific approach on gaining strength. Check them out if you want but be sure just to pick-out one.

starting strength

strong lifts

(p.s: congrats on warding off those pricks hitting on your wife. lol)

"If what you did yesterday was your best, you haven't done anything today""

Body Weight: 190 lbs
Height: 5'8

Lifting Stats as of Aug 14, 2013
Bench Press: 240 lbs 5RM
Squat: 325 lbs 5RM
Overhead Press: 140lbs 4RM
Deadlift: 345lbs 5RM

hmmm thanks for the reply. I should probably mention where im at str. wise right now....

Bench=255

Squat=435

Military Press=85

Those are just my 3 biggest ones. So str. training is not a big deal. I guess what i want most of all is that beach body. I have a 6-pack already but it's not wash board abs for sure. its just there.

welcome friend!

There are many of us who may of picked one class but do a lot of different activities, for instance I'm an Assassin but I also am a barefoot runner, I enjoy swimming, etc etc. It's ok if your still deciding as there is a wide world of sports( pun intended for older people loL) out there.

welcome to the community and good luck!

Assassin: Rank: 6 (Disciple) STR: 10 DEX: 20 STA: 7 CON: 6 WIS: 6 CHA: 5
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
"Though one may conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, yet he indeed is the noblest victor who conquers himself." - Buddha
Height: 5'9" Weight: 215lbs Age: 34
|RW's Chronicle(log)| RW's Introduction|Fitocracy|Challenge|

hmmm thanks for the reply. I should probably mention where im at str. wise right now....

Bench=255

Squat=435

Military Press=85

Those are just my 3 biggest ones. So str. training is not a big deal. I guess what i want most of all is that beach body. I have a 6-pack already but it's not wash board abs for sure. its just there.

holy shit..

"If what you did yesterday was your best, you haven't done anything today""

Body Weight: 190 lbs
Height: 5'8

Lifting Stats as of Aug 14, 2013
Bench Press: 240 lbs 5RM
Squat: 325 lbs 5RM
Overhead Press: 140lbs 4RM
Deadlift: 345lbs 5RM

Archived