Forums are back in action! ×

Hey everyone

Hello everyone :). I'm Oxfy and I study to become programmer. I found nerdfitness by accident, when I were looking at Parkour articles. It was like half year ago, and I were just reading about this out of my beloved curiosity :). After some time when I really started to be out of condition (Is like having 4 CON stat in D&D). While when I need to be fast, I can (And I'm quite good at it until I will lose stamina), but I can only run for like 40 seconds at full sprint.

From nerdfitness I have also learned more about Paelo diet. While at first(half year ago) I thought it was just "Americans forgot that they eat refined gains, not "real" ones", but after reading about it here I learned more about it and I see sense of it. Sadly because I still life with mom, and we don't have much money, I'm forced to finish what we have (And to be fair I used to be on Five Phases diet. Still learned some things from it :D). But we are going that way... with will be hard.

I plan to become kind of "jack of all trades", but of "Lighting Buster" kind :D (But with more forward speed, agility, flexibility, stamina and with ability to quickly adapt to any situation (counting mental)). I know it will be real hard, but I hope with you all I will be able to do it.

But before you can run, you need to learn to walk. And here I have problem. Due of my stationary life at home(kind of trauma due of begin bullied, but I'm now kind of fine) I'm so underdeveloped that I can't even do a proper push-up because my chest muscles are under developed and everything expect legs, so I need to do the basics.

While it might be not thread for this question, I have 2 question:

1) How much I should eat in Paelo in order to have energy for better muscles? (I don't care about size, just practical). While I were able to get Paelo book, my Mom decided to read it all and when I can read it, when I need to study IT.

2) Can you recommend a good workout that would help me to develop basics so I could have "proper" body?

Thank you for reading this post and I hope that time spent here will be great :).

Hey Oxfy. Welcome!

If you are just getting started with strength training, check out the Beginner's Body Weight Workout. If you can't do a pushup yet, do knee pushups instead. Or, start with wall pushups. But, this workout would be a solid place to start.

GNOME WARRIOR LEVEL SIX
STR 22.25 | DEX 7.25 | STA 15 | CON 23.75 | WIS 15.5 | CHA 10.25

Warrior Challenge #27 Champion

I agree with the Beginner Body Weight Workout would probably be a great place to start. I know it's difficult to eat the way you want to on a budget and if someone else is taking care of the meals, but just do the best you can and it will be better than you were doing before! The thing about Paleo is that everyone has different requirements and if you've been doing it long enough for the "carb flu" to wear off, you just need to listen to your body and eat when you're hungry (and make sure it's balanced). I'm sure there are other people that could give better advice on that, but a lot of it is just listening to your body. That's all for now. Welcome to the Rebellion! Look around and don't be afraid to ask questions!

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

Archived