Forums are back in action! ×

Rant Thread

Evicious

I needed a place to publish random greivances regarding the human race, that could perhaps also garner sympathy, validation, justification, or explanation. And then I thought, "Hey, maybe other people want the same thing?" So here's a rant thread, since I couldn't find one elsewhere on NF.

[First rant]

Why don't people (generalization) think for themselves and act accordingly? Case in point, I posted something on my FB with the acronym "TOM" (yeah, that's not relevant to the creation circumstances of this thread at all!) and one of my FB friends (male type; work acquaintance) asked what TOM was. Whereupon I proceeded to tell him to google it as an acronym; I did not, however, tell him that the reason I was telling him to google it was because very little irritates me more quickly and to such a high degree than individuals of perfectly normal intelligence asking to be spoonfed answers to easily-answered questions. He posted back to tell me that I could've saved him the time of looking it up and just told him what it stood for. So this was my reply:

Or you could've shown some form of intelligence and initiative and looked it up yourself without me having to tell you to do so in the first place, you mindless child of the uncreative, "I only pay attention when you entertain me" society that is the American culture of today's generation.

Git.

I then of course had to apologize to him for being such a bitch, because he personally didn't actually deserve to take the full brunt of my wrath at the general population of the mentally lazy. But it still irritates me to no end that so many people would rather passively accept information than actively seek it out - and worse, they actually feel entitled to such treatment.

[/End rant]

Evicious, Khajjit Ranger STR 7 | DEX 13 | STA 3 | CON 6 | WIS 16 | CHA 4

Current 4WC: Evicious: The Unburdening II + Blitz Week!

Fitocracy! I Play To Win!

Keep up the momentum!

Given your location, I can ENTIRELY understand your frustration with this topic (I graduated from highschool in Simpson, LA) and for those of you that are not familiar with that cesspool of existence...these types of people are OVERWHELMING present in that portion of the country.

Location notwithstanding, I firmly believe (and this may not go over well with many, but I dont particularly care) that there are certain varieties within the human race that are destined for extinction simply because they are too lazy or stupid to do what it takes to survive, and we are going through an intellectual evolution of mass proportions in much more rapid progression than traditional evolution, and ignorant fools will be left behind and become extinct based on their inability to adapt effectively to the changing world.

So, just chalk it up to him (and those like him) being of lesser evolutionary quality and take comfort in knowing that maybe they wont be here after a while

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

Archived