Forums are back in action! ×

Hi! another newbie joining the ranks!

Hello everyone, my name is Guadalupe, but please call me Guada or even Guadix. I'm reporting from Buenos Aires, Argentina.

I'm 27, female, and a desk rider, I'm glad to see many of you are too. I have been reading this site since last week, and already started doing the Basic Bodyweight Training, which is awesome. Tomorrow I will try to go back to the gym my (which my work pays for me!).

This is an issue to me, I have no problem doing the exercise, but getting into the gym is a big effort I can't seem to do consistently, but having some great workout routines to do at home makes me feel very, very good.

What else can I say...? I'm not in terrible shape, although losing some kilos won't hurt me at all. What I really want is to get in real good shape, to have some strength. This past days I was thinking about that, and then I encountered you, the timing was perfect. I have been feed all my life with the story about how girls doing weight work is evil, how I would get deformed, and that it's almost something shameful. But I won't eat that anymore.

Talking about eating, I'm also doing Paleo (or trying) since last week. It's working great for now, I haven't had any terrible craving or anything.

And again, this seems to be an awesome community, I'm very glad to have found it!

PS: is there anyone else from Buenos Aires here?

[TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guadix, level 1 Hobbit Adventurer

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

[/TABLE]

Hi Guada :) Glad to see you! It's perfectly fine to mix up gym and at home workouts by the way.I'm Bekah. Nice to meet you.

There is another Argentinian here (although I dont think he is from BA) his username is Barendd.

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

Welcome Guadix! I'm new to the Rebellion as well. I am always of the mind that you find what you do like to do for workouts and where and focus on that at first. That will help you enjoy it and thus stay motivated. Good luck!

Cheers,

IRISHodabred

♣IRISHodabred♣, Level 2 Celtic Hound Archon Ranger: STR 8|DEX 5|STA 6|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 6

2nd Challenge Log: Will Squat for...

1st Challenge Log: Gym Class Hero Challenge

“Discipline Is Choosing Between What You Want Now And What You Want Most.â€

"You have to do what others won't to achieve what others don't"

"Do or do not, there is no try"

We at the rebellion are all about casting off conventional "wisdom" for truth. Glad to hear you will start getting stronger. You might want to check out the warriors and the Rangers for good tips on strength training. Bienvenido!

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Hola Guada!! I'm glad more people from Argentina singed in! I'm a newby myself but the community here seems great. let me know if I can help you with anything (Hago de tech service en español :smile-new:)

Guido

Barendd, level 1 Earth Elemental AdventurerSTR 3|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 2|WIS 3|CHA 2 

..."Power resides where men believe it resides. No more no less." "So power is a mummer's trick?" "a shadow on the wall" Varys murmured, "yet shadows can kill. And often times a very small man can cast a very large shadow"...

Thanks everyone!

I did went to the gym today, I reached to the lockers and...I realized I had forgotten my pants.

The reason I want to go to the gym so much is that I would love to take there climbing and kendo classes, but I don't want to sign in if I'm not sure I will keep it consistent. But anyway I'm doing the circuits in my house and the park, so I should be fine :D

I will surely check Rangers and Warriors, here is a nice quote about conventional wisdom: "Popular perceptions, values, and ways of doing things are rarely the wisest. Many pervasive beliefs would not pass appropriate tests of rationality. Conventional thinking — its means and ends — is essentially uncreative and uninteresting. Its job is to preserve the status quo for overly self-defended individuals and institutions." (source http://www.farnamstreetblog.com/2012/11/the-art-of-living/)

@Barendd; I will also get in contact with you!

Thanks again!

[TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guadix, level 1 Hobbit Adventurer

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

[/TABLE]

Terry Pratchett writes about being substitious. Superstitions are those things everyone knows isn't true but believes them anyway, like in the US, not walking under an open ladder or not opening an umbrella inside. Substitions, according to Pratchett, are those things everyone knows to be true but doesn't believe, like losing weight is based on calorie reduction and increased physical activity.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Archived