Forums are back in action! ×

sculpting your chest question

ieatzombies

just wondering what people are doing about sculpting their lower pecs?

i know that body fat has a fair bit to do with having those perfect round pecs but no matter how much weight ( 6 1/2 stone was my smallest weight ) i lose i still have slight man boobs due to something that happened after i was born.

so my main goal is to tidy them up, im happy with everything else bodywise, just not them.

i just want to try for a year before going down the surgical root, any suggestions are welcome

[TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IEATZOMBIES, level 1 VAMPYRE warrior

STR 4|DEX 3|STA 1|CON 3|WIS 2|CHA 2

[/TABLE]

You mean this didn't give you the chiseled chest you wanted?

one tip i found out the other day is to go wide grip, as your lowering the bar imagine that your trying to crush the bar by bringing both hands together ( though never let them leave the wide grip position ). your pecs will be popping like nothing normal if you add a set of those every chest day :)

I can't believe Men's Health let you down. :(

i know that body fat has a fair bit to do with it

You pretty much answered your own question. You generally can't spot reduce fat. Get your diet dialed in. If you legitimately get down to around 10% BF and still have issues, you can try more extreme measures, like Lyle's stubborn fat solution.

Lower BF% to single digits or at least close. If you can't see your abs somewhat unflexed you aren't close.

All pressing will build the pecs, but the lower/inner parts are targeted especially with decline benching and dips. Doing lots and lots of weighted dips will give you what you are looking for exercise-wise.

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

Guest Snake McClain

as they are saying. reduce body fat. increase protein (thus muscle) and do the proper exercises. Dips are good for that lower/outer bit (at least they seem to be for me). Get your diet sorted out. Its the best thing for you overall. the rest will come if you're eating and exercising properly.

Pro Tip: Flex daily in front the mirror (think ultimate warrior or hulk hogan). This increases manliness by a huge margin. Once this happens you'll care less (a little) about how your pecs look.

Archived