Forums are back in action! ×

Newbie Intro

Hi. My name is Stephanie and I have a sugar problem. Just kidding, well kind of. As winter is brewing here in New England, my pants are feeling tight and I feel exhausted all the time. SO it's time for a change, I'm ready! I'm not sure what other information to include :/ lol.

welcome :)

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

You are sneaky. Sneaky like da buffalo! Welcome to the Rebellion. From your intro statement, I feel that you are looking for this little push...and here it is. Wait for it...just a bit longer...aaaaaaand...

PALEO!!!!

Lvl 8 Half-Orc Warrior
STR: 25 | DEX: 11.75 | STA: 9.75
CON: 13.5 | WIS: 10.75 | CHA: 3

Challenge | DAI-GURREN | Stop Smoking

You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding. - TMBG

Pay the Iron Price. - Balon Greyjoy

What are some ofyour goals? Clothes fitting better is more of a motivation than a goal. What do you want to be able to accomplish?

I am hoping to join the navy this spring, so going into it I want to be able to run more then 3 miles, be flexable, I don't want my arms to jiggle, I want that small gap between my thighs and a flat stomach. I want people to look at me and say "Wow, how do you do it". And more importantly I want to feel better, happier and just over all great.

That's not too much to ask for right? :D

No, it's not too much to ask. If I can make a reccomendation, I would make meeting the physical fitness requirements a goal. In other words, how fast do you need to run for how long for the run test? How many situps, pushups (I can't remember if Navy PT has a pullup component). If you can do that, the other things will happen.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

If you aren't primed for running, the perhaps something like the Couch to 5K program will help. 5K is 3.1 miles, so a great place to start based on your needs. It uses a walk/jog schedule to get you acclimated and step you up.

The Basic Bodyweight Circuit on NF is great for building strength using just your body weight. It also is a great burner (weight training in general is), so that flat stomach/firm arm bit can get taken care of.

Most importantly for that flat stomach, you diet will be 80% of your success. Again, I would say look into Paleo or Primal. Both limit carb intakes, thus controlling your insulin response quite well.

Lvl 8 Half-Orc Warrior
STR: 25 | DEX: 11.75 | STA: 9.75
CON: 13.5 | WIS: 10.75 | CHA: 3

Challenge | DAI-GURREN | Stop Smoking

You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding. - TMBG

Pay the Iron Price. - Balon Greyjoy

No, it's not too much to ask. If I can make a reccomendation, I would make meeting the physical fitness requirements a goal. In other words, how fast do you need to run for how long for the run test? How many situps, pushups (I can't remember if Navy PT has a pullup component). If you can do that, the other things will happen.

It's 1 mile in 15.5mins. 20 push-ups and idk maybe 50ish sit-ups. I know I can do it! Time, practice and pure will power!

If you aren't primed for running, the perhaps something like the Couch to 5K program will help. 5K is 3.1 miles, so a great place to start based on your needs. It uses a walk/jog schedule to get you acclimated and step you up.

The Basic Bodyweight Circuit on NF is great for building strength using just your body weight. It also is a great burner (weight training in general is), so that flat stomach/firm arm bit can get taken care of.

Most importantly for that flat stomach, you diet will be 80% of your success. Again, I would say look into Paleo or Primal. Both limit carb intakes, thus controlling your insulin response quite well.

I'm going to do paleo, I went grocery shopping today which is big I hate it! Lol go rid of most of the junk in my house, and cleaned. Fresh and new food, clean house. Also I've been doing work outs at home like billy blank etc along with jump roping when it's gross nd cold out. Hate Maine lol

Welcome Stephanie!

What part of New England are you from? I'm originally from RI.

I'll have to agree with tanktimus on the point that you should definitely focus on the physical fitness test for navy recruits to include your BF%. Everything else will fall into place, especially after initial entry training. Begin to train now for those specific events if this is your goal. Because that is what you will be tested on at MEPS... Sorry if I'm using to much military jargon.. Feel free to ask if you have any specific military questions. I may be able to help.

Glad to meet you, and btw, Go Pats!

-Tom

Hi! I'm from Maine and its so cold minus today, today feels like spring! Yeah I take ASVAB this afternoon! I'm nervous. I've been doing some cardio. I hope they take my BF% into count... My BMI is 31.92, BF% is only 26% and my waist to hip ratio is .79 which is good?

I don't mind the jargon and thanks for the offered support, I have no idea what I'm doing military wise yet :)

It's 1 mile in 15.5mins. 20 push-ups and idk maybe 50ish sit-ups. I know I can do it! Time, practice and pure will power!

How fast can your un a mile? How many pushups and situps can you do? And are those the stats for the minimum passing score?

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Stephanie,

Your BF% is fine, no worries. Here's what to expect for the navy fitness test.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6580[/ATTACH]

And here's a link to the entry fitness test: http://www.navycs.com/navy-fitness-assessment.html

Hope this helps! Btw how'd you do on your ASVAB this afternoon?

Thank you!!!! It does help! My ASVAB hurt, my brain was so tired after that and it took like 2.5hrs. I did well and passed everything. Well I can't read the sheet or what it means but my recruiter said I passed :)

Archived