Forums are back in action! ×

Hello Y'all! <3

Hi guys!

I'm DramaticNerd and I'm new around these parts!

I used to to be in pretty amazing shape in high school. I took a class called CrossTraining that taught you how to put together weight and cardio workouts etc. It was an AWESOME class and from 15 - 18 I was regularly at the gym, busting my ass.

So at the end of grade 12, I could run 5 k in 28 min, Incline leg press 270 lbs, and do 12 unassisted chin-ups.

and then....UNIVERSITY.

I drank. I gamed. I ate delicious, delicious noodles.

Although I never stopped going to the gym completely, shit got scattered in that department. In the last two years thing have been better but still not super consistent (although I did lose some weight, woot!) Not consistent means this: great eating and hitting the gym regularly for 3 wks to a month. Then something happens! Generally, this is a massive exam or project. With this, my organization/ precooking falls to pieces and shit hits the fan for a couple weeks. Eventually, the event is over and I get back on track. Obviously, this doesn't really lead to results. Grr. Bad, flaky me!

Anyways, I'm in my last clinical semester of school, and I'd like to start my "real adult life" in better shape than I am today. Also fabulous motivation is that after this 5 months is up, I'll be reunited with my soulmate of a boyfriend and I'm going to wow his pants off with my rediscovered fit bod.

My plan is to get prepped and join into the fitness challenge that is starting Jan 1st. As of right now, I just moved to a new city and I'm still getting kind of set up. Furthermore, I have a hectic Christmas break ahead that will involve trips to possibly three different places in two weeks, so I think that the Jan 1st timing will be better although it still encompasses part of my break.

This isn't to say I won't be making changes before then.

I'm going to tighten up my eating again and start using my much loved but inconsistently used FitnessPal app.

I usually have very healthy lunches, but I need to work on my breakfasts and dinners and get them up to snuff.

I don't have my workout plan 100% worked out. This is because as of right now I have no gym membership and I'm still waiting on an email from the hospital's fitness center. No weights = sad, sad me.

Thankfully, my new building has a cardio room. It's pretty small but hey! Useable. Also my building has stairs. HEY! Useable. Also, I have a body weight of *ahem* 160 lbs. HEY, USEABLE!

So then. Tentative goals for the Jan 1st challenge:

Increase my current best records for the following lifts:

Incline leg press: 330lbs x 11

Flat Bench Dumbbell press: 35lbs x 6

Dumbbell curls: 25lbs x 4

Eat clean 6 days a week, with the 7th day being more lax but STILL using FitnessPal so it isn't overboard.

Improve my study habits by studying for at least an hour a day for 4 days out of the week.

Do cardio & abs consistently: at least 45 min 3x a week. MINIMUM not max ;) I'm thinking of dispersing my abs to a couple exercises per workout because I HATE DOING THEM and so I should probably squeak them in with the fun things.

Overall, I'm looking to lose about 30lbs which would put me back at my high school weight of about 135. I can readjust goals at that point. For those who are curious, I'm about 160lbs and 5'5". I don't weight myself super often, but I'm more concerned with awesome pics than numbers anyways.

Clearly, if I can't get a gym membership, I'll adjust my goal exercises (and workouts *GULP*) to body weight stuff like pushups etc. Fingers crossed though, because weights is my first true love! :P

Anyways this is getting lengthy and I sort of like to ramble so I better stop now.

I'll create a battle log soon and catch up with you all there! :)

<3

Level 1 Futurist Adventurer

| STR:3.5 | | DEX:2 | | STA:2 | | CON:2 | | WIS:2 | | CHA: 3.5 |

"Insist on yourself, never imitate."

welcome... looks like you have things pretty much planned out :)

what are you going to shool for?

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

@Alienjenn I'm going to school for respiratory therapy :)

@Tanktimus I was sort of wavering back and forth on what to choose so I went for Adventurer haha. I have read that post, and while most of my workout is free weights, I really like the incline leg press. (Not the seated one (gross)) Don't worry, I still do squats & deadlifts too.

Level 1 Futurist Adventurer

| STR:3.5 | | DEX:2 | | STA:2 | | CON:2 | | WIS:2 | | CHA: 3.5 |

"Insist on yourself, never imitate."

@Alienjenn I'm going to school for respiratory therapy :)

Awesome... I give mad props to my RT's every night... (I'm a nurse in icu)... They make me look good ;)

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Archived