Forums are back in action! ×

Help with piercings (ear) - need recs

cline

I have multiple ear piercings and am currently sporting some nice hoops in the top two holes on both ears. Hoops are over 1cm in diameter. Nice high quality hoops I had put in at the piercing shop (much thicker than standard regular earrings - I had to have the old holes expanded).

So last night at MMA class we were practicing a certain type of head hold and it dawned on me that in no time, I might have trouble with the hoops b/c grabbing, grappling, etc. I'm likely at some point to have my earrings ripped out.

Now these are not easy in/out hoops (they have the little ball at the bottom). Not kidding - the guy at the shop put them in with the intention they'll come out only when I'm ready. I wear them 24/7.

Now I need something else. I like the thickness of the hoops but might need something I can take in/out so I don't worry about ripping (yow!!).

Is there such a thing? What do I ask for? Help.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Hey Cline :) You might try the ones intended for belly piercings. They may not be quite as large (about 16 gauge) but they usually have ends that you can twist off so you can remove them when you want to. I have been using them as earrings for the last few months and have no problem with comfort (wear them 24/7) or with convenience (I can take them out whenever I want). Just a thought....

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

You could also try taping them down, similar to how rugby players sometimes tape around the edges of their ears - either wrap a bandage/tape around your head to tape your ears down against your head, or tape along the edge of your ear to hold the earrings down. I have my cartilage pierced on both ears and I'm going to be trying the taping method when I start playing rugby again in the spring (didn't have my cartilage pierced when I played before), so if you try it can you report back here? :)

Archived