Forums are back in action! ×

Brazil!

illc

Hi All, I'm Brazil-bound in late January and February 2013 (like a certain Founder-Nerd, no?) for some work projects. My exact destination cities for these projects aren't known at the moment but I'm pretty certain I'll be able to tack 1 to 2 weeks of vacation onto the end of my job.

I know that February is the home-month of CARNAVALE! so this is exceptionally cool and a great opportunity. Beyond that though I would really like to indulge in active physical activities in wild places. I enjoy scuba. Perhaps a slow boat down the Amazon? Has anyone been to this great big country? Any reccomendations?

illcDimension hopping Ranger-Cartographer, level 2STR: 6 DEX: 2 STA: 5 CON: 6 WIS: 5 CHA: 2

Training Log

Of Goats and Rucks Challenge (June -July 2013)

~Take care. Be bold.~

Oooooh god, I'm hopefully going to be going roughly around that time, for a few months. I can't say how excited I am lol.

My plan is to get there for the Rio Carnivale, do some travelling and training in BJJ in the following months, up to the 2014 World Cup!!!!

Even though I haven't been there yet. Here's some of my ideas. 

Go to the Carlson Gracie Academy for a few sessions of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. (I believe it is on copacabana beach in Rio, birthplace of BJJ)

Rio Carnivale - Obviously!

Climb up to Christ the redeemer. If your into that kinda thing. 

Scuba Dive - I've been looking at doing some diving for a while now. Everyone I've ever spoke to that's done diving, loved it.

Other things which I haven't really planned or thought about yet

Boat Ride up the Amazon (Screw walking in the jungle :D)

Rock Climbing of some sort

Win a game of beach Volleyball ( Why not? :D)

Play 5 a side football/soccer. (I grew up playing football, so playing vs people on streets of rio would be cool)

Yeah I'm running out of things now lol, plenty of little things to do! :)

Good on you!

I am 1/2 Brasilian, and I lived in Brasil a bit in undergrad. I personally love the NE coast a bit more than Rio. Rio is so big and touristy.

Try Salvador or Fortaleza, maybe. Also, Bahia has fantastic food (even by Brasilian standards) plus tons of Capoeira!

I alos like the interior. I lived in Belo Horizonte for a few months and while this is not one of the "exciting" cities in Brasil, I loved it.

Cheers and safe travels!

My Log

@petekeller

FB

CrossFit Equipment at FringeSport (Founder)

Archived