Forums are back in action! ×

New Year, New Goals

Sapphirite

Alright, so last year I decided that I needed to get in shape. I started eating better and exercising more and managed to lose 25lbs and build some muscle. Then school ended and the holidays came and I lost my steam. I gained back 5lbs and barely ever worked out. This year I'm going to start strong and follow through, and I'm hoping by posting my goals here will help me stay on track and get some extra support.

Goal 1: Reach my target weight of 180lbs. I currently weight 200lbs, so that's 20lbs in 12 months. I know I can achieve that if I keep at it.

Goal 2: Wake up at 5:30 each morning and do a light workout. Usually I get up at 6 and get ready for school, but I want to try and make it a routine to get up every morning and get some physical work in each day, because that alone will really boost my activity level.

Goal 3: Start cooking my own meals. This is a big one for me. I still live at home and am thus usually restricted on what my family makes and buys, and unfortunately, they tend towards the quick and easy over healthy. I make easy things like salads and wraps, but I really want to start actually cooking real meals, stir-fry, chicken, ect... 

Goal 4: Get my Associates of Science Degree and my Associates of Arts Degree. While not related to my physical well-being, this will still be a huge milestone for my life. I'm well on track and should get both by the ed of this school term if everything goes well.

Any tips to help me would be very appreciated, also any support, even just a "you can do it!" post will really boost my confidence and help me achieve these goals.

Sapphirite, Human Adventurer Level 1

Str: 2 Dex: 2 Sta: 2 Con: 1 Wis: 3.5 Cha: 5.5

My 1st Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/29552-sapphirites-1st-6-week-challenge/

Those are great goals - you can do it! For cooking... do you have any influence over the grocery list? Maybe you could get your family to buy the healthy groceries in exchange for you making a tasty stir fry for everyone?

Saturn Girl, level 1 Amazonian Adventurer
STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 4 | WIS 3 | CHA 2

fitocracy | challenge 1 | why is Saturn Girl my hero?

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Archived