Forums are back in action! ×

3 months -- no sugar

wildRose

Nice. I'm assuming that when you say no sugar you mean "no sweets/added sugar," right?

That's my part of my current challenge, any suggestions on coping?

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

this is specifically no cane sugar in any form (& OF COURSE no corn syrup) -- added or prepared.

i allow myself honey & agave.  i've replaced my chocolate habit with a smear of honey on baking chocolate (100% chocolate) - & for something even more rich, to quiet the beasts within, i'll occasionally add peanut butter & coconut butter to the mix.

surprisingly effective have been the foil pouches of ready-made indian food that are proliferating.  if i get a sugar craving, i put a pouch of greens (sarson ka saag) in me instead.

& to get myself started, the first 6 weeks i also gave up wheat, which trigger, for me, sugar cravings.  i've eased off on NO wheat.  it's in my diet again, but much less.

<3  wildRose

Plant Punk || Druid

STR: 8 | DEX: 8 | STA: 9 | CON: 10 | WIS: 11 | CHA: 12

WOW! As a person with a huge sweet tooth, this is quite impressive to me!

Agreed! That is just amazing!

Level 1

0%
0%

Food Goal #1: 5 Servings of Fruits/Veg for 30 Days

13%
13%

Fitness Goal #1: 5000 Steps for 30 Days

3%
3%

Life Goal #1: Keep a Room in Peak Shape for 30 Days

3%
3%

Grats to you!! I can't even make it a week without giving in and noshing on a chocolate bar (granted it's at least 85% dark chocolate for me but still...has sugar in it!) , I can't imagine going 3 months! I might try a little honey on some baking chocolate though. Do you use like powdered baking cocoa or is there baking chocolate in bar form? 

Level 10 Wandering Nord

Constitution: 15.5 Strength: 14 Wisdom: 17.5 Stamina: 12.25 Dexterity: 2 Charisma: 8
Current Challenge: Picking Up The Pieces

so.. i fell off the wagon -- after 5 months of no sugar.  

it was just a few sips of a beverage i knew was cane-sweetened.  i felt it immediately.  flooded my tongue & brain with addiction triggers.  for me, clearly a mistake.  it hurt.  

back on the wagon.  1 week.  <3 .

Plant Punk || Druid

STR: 8 | DEX: 8 | STA: 9 | CON: 10 | WIS: 11 | CHA: 12

good for you for sticking with it!

I'm trying to go "processed sugar" free- and it's killing me. I allowed myself wedding cake- because my friend made it herself- and my boyfriend keeps buying me treats that I have to turn down.  Biggest ones have been random massive overwhelming addiction like cravings for sugar/chocolate... and then the smoothies- god- try getting a smoothy with natural none sugar added crap... it's practically impossible.

Good for you though- that's REALLY impressive!!!   YOU CAN KEEP GOING- YOU CAN DO IT!

so.. i fell off the wagon -- after 5 months of no sugar.  

it was just a few sips of a beverage i knew was cane-sweetened.  i felt it immediately.  flooded my tongue & brain with addiction triggers.  for me, clearly a mistake.  it hurt.  

back on the wagon.  1 week.  <3 .

That happens brother.  No sugar would be a HUGE demon to take on.  I do wish you the best of success.

TheBBP, level 1 Jedi Adventurer
STR 5|DEX 2|STA 1|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 1

Hebrews 12:11-13
“No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees.â€

Archived