Forums are back in action! ×

Introduction

Hi y'all! 

My name is Allyson! I'm super excited to join this forum! I've been reading success stories & all sorts of good info on this site for several months now & decided I might as well share my struggles & my goals. My biggest struggle is what I eat. I LOVE mountain dew. I'll be honest & admit that today I've had 96 oz of it to drink. I also love McDonalds, fried chicken, & mashed potatoes. I've been continuously gaining weight for the last 11 years & I'm at my heaviest. I actually can't stand up for very long because of the pain I get in my lower back & hips.

I have about 70 lbs to lose. For the past 5 years I keep saying tomorrow I'll start exercising, tomorrow I'll quit drinking soda, tomorrow I'll eat better & tomorrow comes & goes. I've given up soda numerous times over the years, the longest being 3 weeks, & then I think that I deserve a reward so I cheat & have a soda which leads to two, then six, then I'm back up to drinking 1-2 2 liters a day. I'm addicted to it & I hate it. 

I've decided tomorrow is IT! It's the day I start making better choices for myself! I look forward to posting more & reading more & actually being successful in my weight loss journey!

Allyson

Hey mate and welcome!

Awesome attitude - keep it up and remember we are all here to help. Keep us posted on your progress.

I have been eating 'Paleo / Primal' for two years and believe me, your taste buds change. I walk past soft drinks, junk food and desert and do not even bat an eye lid now. There is nothing appealing about them (quite the opposite for McDonalds which makes me feel ill looking at it). Stick to it, stay strong. Link managed to overcome Gannondorf. DK got his bananas back. Luke saved his father. Bilbo won the respect of Thorin (in the book... not that pathetic new movie). Gordan Freeman passed the G-Man's test. You can do whatever you want in this life - be positive, reach for your happiest thoughts at all times and, best of all, be eager for what is coming!

Stay strong - be happy - FTW!

Tracer

Race - Human

Class - Jedi / Sentinel Level - 4 / 0.5
Battle Log: Holo-Log

Current Challenge: Nil

I used to be a soda addict too. Have you considered flavored seltzer? That was the reason I was able to kick the habit, and it's really the only thing I drink now besides water. I also agree with tracer that once you've gone some time with a new diet, your tastes change. I would eat Wendy's three days a week and now fast food just doesn't register as "edible" so I have no cravings at all. It takes time - Weeks, at least - But you know the habits you need to change and I really believe that weight loss will happen for you if you're able to make these changes. It will be hard to do but you won't be suffering forever if you are committed to it! It does get easier.

Level 1 Elf Adventurer

STR 2 - DEX 3 - STA 3 - CON 1 - WIS 4 - CHA 2

Intro

Welcome to the community!

I definitely echo what tanktimus wrote - Figure out why you drink it - I only drank soda for caffeine, so now that I'm having one cup of black coffee in the morning and a cup of tea in the afternoon, I have not craved soda at all. If you like the taste/bubbles though, I hear seltzer water is the way to go. Besides defeating the soda beast what else are you considering for lifestyle changes? Exercise? Major diet changes like paleo/primal mentioned above?

Storytelling Rebel
| Blog | Twitter

"“You've seen my descent, now watch my rising." ~ Rumi

Archived