Forums are back in action! ×

Lets Do This...

Hello one and all!

Im an 18-year-old male, 6'2" and weigh in at around 229lbs. Im a rugby player from the UK and love to game! 

Im the type of person that is very active but doesn't look it. I keep very active during the week fitting in all sorts around college and work and hate not doing anything.

My current week stands at:

Monday - Gym session with Personal Trainer

Tuesday - Rugby Training

Wednesday - Squash & Weight Training

Thursday - Weight Training

Friday - Anything I can fit in (Usually a quick weights session)

Saturday - Tag rugby in the morning - Rugby Game in the Afternoon

Sunday - Rest day or Weight Training. Depending on how I feel.

So obviously what I do isn't the problem ... Its what I eat. 

So my current plan of action is to completely change my diet. 

Starting from Monday 14 January 2013 my Diet will completely change. Currently iv been eating anything when ever I feel hungry. THIS STOPS NOW!

Breakfast will be a nice fresh fruit smoothie and a protein shake.

Lunch will be mainly something egg based. Boiled with wholemeal toast most of the time (Due to college it has to be something quick that I can cook) and a Protein Shake.

Dinner will consist of a choice of meat (80% of the time it will be either Steak or Chicken) and either a large portion of salad or veg and a Protein Shake later in the evening.

My target is too lose a large portion of my body fat. I am going on my first lads holiday this summer and I want to feel good about the way I look. 

I also want to be stronger and fitter as I will be going to university in September and hope to make the top rugby team at the university. 

So all in all I need to:

- Change my diet to reduce fat and increase protein

- Lose a large portion of my body fat

- Get physically stronger and fitter

All tips and advice would be much appreciated! Thanks!

LETS DO THIS!

Halflink Level 1 Orc Ranger

STR 4 |DEX 2 |STA 3 |CON 2 |WIS 2 |CHA 2

Battle Log ~ First Set Of Tasks

"...maybe some of you guys got something you never finished, something you really want to do, something you never said to someone, something... and you're told no, even after you paid your dues? Who's got the right to tell you that, who? Nobody! It's your right to listen to your gut, it ain't nobody's right to say no after you earned the right to be where you want to be and do what you want to do!"

Rocky VI

Welcome mate! I'm on the same tip as you at the moment, got my workouts down but just been sorting my diet since the 2nd Jan! I've found that eating decent size portions of protein with loads of veg actually fills you up more than expected, so hopefully you wont have any cravings! I'm nearly two weeks in and have found after a few days the carb cravings subside quite quickly. hopefully you'll find the same thing!

good luck mate!

Ranger
str 4 - dex 4 - sta 3 - con 2 - wis 2 - cha 1
Level 1

Epic Challenge #1               Quest list

"Fitness is not 80% diet and 20% training, its 100% dedication to your diet and your training."

Rugby players represent!
What position do you play? How long you been playing? I used to play myself (hooker) but due to injury I had to quit.

As for the diet thing: Have you considere going paleo? I've been doing it for a couple days so far and its AMAZING. 

Welcome to the Rebellion!

Level 4 Human Ranger

The only Way to accomplish greatness is to set your goals even higher.

STR: 15 || DEX: 9 || STA: 10

CON: 12 || WIS: 9 || CHA: 6

Check out my challange Thread (4)

Rugby players represent!

What position do you play? How long you been playing? I used to play myself (hooker) but due to injury I had to quit.

As for the diet thing: Have you considere going paleo? I've been doing it for a couple days so far and its AMAZING. 

Welcome to the Rebellion!

I play Loosehead Prop, Also been known to play Flanker and Second Row. I'v been playing for about 8 years now :) Currently got an injury myself restricting me to weight training only for the next few weeks. 

I did like the look of paleo and maybe in a month or so once iv eased my self out of eating all the rubbish im used to eating I might go into full paleo. But the diet im trying to run by is about 75% Paleo. Due to the fact that i will be having Wholemeal bread, Protein shake and the odd bits and bobs here and there just to increase my daily protein intake. 

"...maybe some of you guys got something you never finished, something you really want to do, something you never said to someone, something... and you're told no, even after you paid your dues? Who's got the right to tell you that, who? Nobody! It's your right to listen to your gut, it ain't nobody's right to say no after you earned the right to be where you want to be and do what you want to do!"

Rocky VI

I play Loosehead Prop, Also been known to play Flanker and Second Row. I'v been playing for about 8 years now :) Currently got an injury myself restricting me to weight training only for the next few weeks. 

I did like the look of paleo and maybe in a month or so once iv eased my self out of eating all the rubbish im used to eating I might go into full paleo. But the diet im trying to run by is about 75% Paleo. Due to the fact that i will be having Wholemeal bread, Protein shake and the odd bits and bobs here and there just to increase my daily protein intake. 

Hell yeah first row! Nothing better than being in the middle of a scrum. Rugby and the injuries man. I know noone that plays who hasn't had a least a semi-serious injury so far. Except for the newbies... Well you're only a real player once you start dripping sweat and blood in a game, that's what my coach always said to the ones who whined.

Yeah I somedays (well once twice so far) struggle to get enough protein into my system after working out, but I just eat a couple extra eggs and chicken on that occasion.

Level 4 Human Ranger

The only Way to accomplish greatness is to set your goals even higher.

STR: 15 || DEX: 9 || STA: 10

CON: 12 || WIS: 9 || CHA: 6

Check out my challange Thread (4)

The only problem i have with taking in all this protein is that it really feels me up. And by the end of the day it feels almost as if iv eaten too much.

Its frustrating haha

Rocky VI

Archived