Forums are back in action! ×

I'm new here *shifty look around*

Hey everyone!

My name is Dustin, I am 27 and joining the rebellion! I've been overweight pretty much as long as I can remember and my goal is to turn my flabby out of shapeness into a pull up machine that could pull my entire family to safety from a Mass Effect like end of the world sequence with just my bare hands and all 4 of them clinging to my back! Too much? Well some kind of epic goal is needed right and it sums up one of the biggest reasons I want to finally be one of those healthy people. I have spent all my life with some good best friends, soda (root beer is especially kryptonite-like) and pizza. Computers and videogames kept them company for much of my youth and early adult life.

I have a growing family of 5, my lovely wife, who could consume an entire pig, then entire pig made out of pizza, and gain no weight (did I mention lovely? Seriously one of those "how did she end up with him?" couples) my oldest daughter is 5, then an almost 3 year old daughter, and last, an almost 1 year old son. These little rebels are a big motivation why I want to get strong and get healthy.

I have been moving the healthy direction for a couple of years at turtle pace. I have slowly reduced my soda intake, quit it completely numberous times; dramatically increased my water intake. I had begun cooking a lot myself with veggies (never ate them until I was an adult). I wasn't commited though, it was more of a general "this is better and each little better bit helps".

I had peaked in weight and fat at just shy of 250lbs a few years ago and thankfully started the slow turn around back then. Doing mostly the above combined with the occasional hike and playing with the kids I managed to drop to a consistent weight in the 230's and that was where we started the journey at the end of 2012.

Just before the New Year while listening to the Internet Business Mastery Podcast as well as several others I kept hearing the Paleo diet mentioned. One episode I heard them talk about Steve and Nerd Fitness and I thought "man that sounds interesting" and came over to check it out. I have been working on registering for the forums since about the end of December but was having problems. I got started on operation Transformer back then though and it is about two weeks.

Got a baby crying but I will post my starting picture and the two week shot soon.

Just glad to say I'm headed to Echo Base to fight for the rebellion!

Hi Dustin!

Glad you made it here, as you wrote you already took the first steppes toward a healthier life. The Paleo diet is awesome for that. I started it myself a few days ago, and I feel more energetic than ever before. 

Just keep taking tiny steps, over time they add up and you will be the best you possible.

Welcome to the Rebellion, Dustin!

Level 4 Human Ranger

The only Way to accomplish greatness is to set your goals even higher.

STR: 15 || DEX: 9 || STA: 10

CON: 12 || WIS: 9 || CHA: 6

Check out my challange Thread (4)

Thanks for the welcome. Been doing Paleo about two weeks, starting weight was about 235 fully clothed and loaded. As of today I am at 228 fully clothed and loaded.IMG_20121231_192747.jpg?resizeSmall&widt

Here we are at the start, looking forward to seeing some muscles on that frame!

So far I am doing Steve's beginners bodyweight workout about every other day at like 5:30am and eating paleo. Let's see where this goes! My goal is to be under 200lbs and under 20% body fat before the end of the year. That and to be able to do pull ups. I have set other goals incrementally and will post some up as I tweak them

Archived