Forums are back in action! ×

Life of a Reader

ceciliacase

I just sent Steve an email, but I realized this is probably something that goes in the forum. I've never participated in the forum (I'm not really a "joiner" :), but I'm an avid reader of the blog. I know that any group of folks that read Steve's stuff must be a cool group of folks, so I thought I'd paste this in here for you guys, too.

"

I've been reading your posts for a few months now. I just wanted to say that I love that you create an atmosphere where empowering _myself_ to make the right decisions for me seems to be what you are most concerned about. You have tips, methods, things that work for you, but it's always with the attitude that each one of us should be making our own decisions, that essentially taking responsibility is what will make us truly healthy.

I've been on my weight loss journey since July 2nd. I've used food logging and the Hacker's Diet method (though not his exercise regimen) of tracking my weight, and I've lost 25 pounds (as of yesterday!). I know I'm not losing weight as fast as others, but I'm comfortable with the speed, because I know I'm in it for the long haul. It's also in line with the ethos of changing one thing at a time. I know I'm getting healthier everyday, but I don't feel like I've given anything big up, because I do it in small increments.

I have experimented with Paleo, thanks to NerdFitness, and found some really good things about it. I've also worked on things slowly. I don't have to give up all junk food, and I don't have to give it all up at once. I just made my next big shift, to go from one Starbucks coffee a day to once a week! I can tell that's going to do wonders for my energy and health, as much as my weight loss goals.

Thank you so much for being part of my solution. It's always so good to feel like there are other folks out there that are willing to help.

"

I'm still working, my goal is 150 pounds, so I have lots left. But not it feels totally attainable, just a matter of time, really :)

post-8590-0-21345200-1358371844_thumb.jp

post-8590-0-17932100-1358371850_thumb.jp

I love how you said 

I've been on my weight loss journey since July 2nd. I've used food logging and the Hacker's Diet method (though not his exercise regimen) of tracking my weight, and I've lost 25 pounds (as of yesterday!). I know I'm not losing weight as fast as others, but I'm comfortable with the speed, because I know I'm in it for the long haul. 

I think its extremely important to be happy with the progress you're making! You're doing an awesome job! 

Lvl. 1 Halfling Ranger

STR - 1 | DEX - 2 | STA - 3 | CON - 3 | WIS - 3 | CHA - 3

Get to know me better

Challenge

Archived