Forums are back in action! ×

Half-elf Ranger on a demon fighting quest

Hello :) My name is Kirsty, 26 years old and I'm an Englishwoman living in South Wales.

I spend my time being an art nerd, WoW lover and obsessive list writer with too many purple possessions.

My story starts with me as a half-elf peon. I'm not particularly tall, have a skinny-fat physique and I work/live under my ability. I've harboured body image problems for as long as I can remember which left me withdrawn and self-crytical. After doing nothing about it and hoping it would go away my mental health declined. I carried on... doing nothing.

Then, early 2012, I was gently told to seek help. April 2012 I was diagnosed with Avoidance Personality Disorder, Generalised Anxiety Disorder and mild OCD. I also deal with hallucinations, night terrors and disordered sleep. I was offered medication to combat my anxiety which I promptly refused shortly before leaving the consultation room.

I'm sorry how dark this introduction is getting but, I promise, it's going somewhere good :)

At that point I knew I had to do something to pull myself out. The nightmares increased but there was always a running theme and I mean that quite literally. I was always being chased, pinned down or imprisoned by demon-like creatures. I would try to run away but I couldn't get my legs to move or I would try to fight back but I could never get the strength to do it.

I woke up one morning and I knew what I had to do; I had to become physically strong enough to fight off those demons or I had to become mentally strong enough to no longer need to.

I mulled this over during a WoW session and reflected on why I spent so much time on her. She had achievable, set goals that I could pursue as well as the strength and endurance to achieve them.

I alt-tabbed and googled "levelling up in real life" and there was Nerd Fitness. Right at the top. I was hooked. And finally, after about 8 months I'm finally writing this intro post almost 10 months later.

I want to develop from a peon into a lean, strong ranger. I've been doing body workouts, HIIT and have dabbled with paleo with the intention of gradually becoming paleo 80% of the time (currently paleo about 10% of the time.)

My goals:

Eat 80% paleo

Become strong enough to save my own life and fight back (specifically having the energy to run away from "danger" and to be able to lift my own body weight)

Get rid of the skinny-fat frame

And, most importantly, to survive the zombie apocalypse!

If you took the time to read all of this: thank you. So much :)

Hi Kirsty :) (nice pun on your own name you got there)

It's great that you decided to get your life in order, as kamikaze said, everyone here will try their best to help you.

I hope you manage to evade your demons long enough to develop the strength to fight back. Fighting, and overcomeing them, is waaaay better than just running away. I know you can do it ;)

Level 4 Human Ranger

The only Way to accomplish greatness is to set your goals even higher.

STR: 15 || DEX: 9 || STA: 10

CON: 12 || WIS: 9 || CHA: 6

Check out my challange Thread (4)

Archived