Forums are back in action! ×

Finally Introducing Myself!

Hello everyone,

I've been a forum lurker for a little while now, and been following the site for quite a few months, so I thought I'd get stuck in at last! I'm Meg, a student currently at sixth form finishing off my A-Levels before going to university in October, where I will at last have access to a gym, whoot! While I'm not overweight, I'm probably on the higher side of average and would really like to get fit and generally become more awesome.

What sort of nerd am I? Probably mostly a gaming nerd with a little bit of band nerd and study nerd thrown in. I only have a laptop to game on, along with my PS2 and N64, so can't really play many new games. Medieval II Total War, Oblivion and a few MMORPGs are my favourites though. Sadly Skyrim is a bit sticky on my poor non-gaming laptop, but I've played it a bit, saving the rest for the day when I get a decent spec computer.

The 6 week challenges look like a great way to get motivated, as I generally start to relax with my diet after a few weeks and end up losing nothing again. Even though this one has already started, would I still be able to set up some goals and make a start on the real-life roleplay game? The thought of having a character to level up is really exciting to me. :-D

Level 2 Gnome adventurerSTR 3|DEX 3|STA 5|CON 8|WIS 11|CHA 3

Challenge 2

Hello Meg :) Welcome to the Rebellion!

Great that you've decided to level up your life, this is exactly the place to do it. 

I have so many good memories of Oblivion, that was definately one of my favourite games of all time. 

Gyms are great for working out, but not a necessity if you decide to go the body weight training route. Which is a great start to begin. 

I hope you have an enjoyable stay here. Do you have set some goals for yourself yet?

Level 4 Human Ranger

The only Way to accomplish greatness is to set your goals even higher.

STR: 15 || DEX: 9 || STA: 10

CON: 12 || WIS: 9 || CHA: 6

Check out my challange Thread (4)

Welcome! I hope you meet all your goals. Do you know why you start relaxing on your diets? I have the same problem and it generally happens when I start to see results. I get over confident and think I can get away with eating anything. 

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

Hello Meg :) Welcome to the Rebellion!

Great that you've decided to level up your life, this is exactly the place to do it. 

I have so many good memories of Oblivion, that was definately one of my favourite games of all time. 

Gyms are great for working out, but not a necessity if you decide to go the body weight training route. Which is a great start to begin. 

I hope you have an enjoyable stay here. Do you have set some goals for yourself yet?

I've tried a bit of bodyweight before and have found it very enjoyable. My eventual goals are a combination of strength and general cardio fitness, being able to do higher intensity exercise for longer periods of time without getting so tired, but for now I'm using the Hasfit.com workout programs to get me fitter overall. I quite enjoy just being able to click on a video and follow along, plus having a trainer doing the same thing is pretty motivating. Once I've completed their 30 and 90 day programs, I'm going to go on a more strength based workout using a combination of bodyweight and a resistance band set I have, inlcuding cardio on off days. In terms of diet, I'd like to lose about 20lbs, then start gaining muscle and really looking great.

Welcome! I hope you meet all your goals. Do you know why you start relaxing on your diets? I have the same problem and it generally happens when I start to see results. I get over confident and think I can get away with eating anything. 

I'm not sure, I think it's because I have very little accountability. The second a female says they are going on a diet, you tend to get reactions like "You're fine as you are!" or warnings not to eat too little etc, which can be a bit irritating, so I don't really talk about it to people. Hopefully posting on here about my goals will make sure I will actually stick to it as I will be accountable! At the moment it's worse because I'm doing exams and the urge to eat when I'm stressed is just awful haha.

I'm up a pound or two from a few days ago, we all relax our diets from time to time...just get back on it.   :)

It's good to know I'm not the only one! Hopefully NF will help me get back on it and stay on it for good this time!

Challenge 2

I've tried a bit of bodyweight before and have found it very enjoyable. My eventual goals are a combination of strength and general cardio fitness, being able to do higher intensity exercise for longer periods of time without getting so tired, but for now I'm using the Hasfit.com workout programs to get me fitter overall. I quite enjoy just being able to click on a video and follow along, plus having a trainer doing the same thing is pretty motivating. Once I've completed their 30 and 90 day programs, I'm going to go on a more strength based workout using a combination of bodyweight and a resistance band set I have, inlcuding cardio on off days. In terms of diet, I'd like to lose about 20lbs, then start gaining muscle and really looking great.

I'm not sure, I think it's because I have very little accountability. The second a female says they are going on a diet, you tend to get reactions like "You're fine as you are!" or warnings not to eat too little etc, which can be a bit irritating, so I don't really talk about it to people. Hopefully posting on here about my goals will make sure I will actually stick to it as I will be accountable! At the moment it's worse because I'm doing exams and the urge to eat when I'm stressed is just awful haha.

Sounds like you have a plan. Thats good! People who have a plan have a much higher chance to succeed.

Don't 'go on a dieat' just change your eating habits. It doesn't have the social stigma of starving a few pounds off and then gaining twice that back when you continue eating normally. Also if you manage to actually change your habits you won't fall back into old routines and regain the lost weigth

Level 4 Human Ranger

Sounds like you have a plan. Thats good! People who have a plan have a much higher chance to succeed.

Don't 'go on a dieat' just change your eating habits. It doesn't have the social stigma of starving a few pounds off and then gaining twice that back when you continue eating normally. Also if you manage to actually change your habits you won't fall back into old routines and regain the lost weigth

Yeah, that's more the aim I'm hoping for. It's more when you start refusing extra cake and people assume you're on a diet, not just trying to make healthier decisions. I've made one of my goals cutting back the amount of chocolate I let myself have, so slowly the habits should start changing. :)

Challenge 2

Hello everyone,

I've been a forum lurker for a little while now, and been following the site for quite a few months, so I thought I'd get stuck in at last! I'm Meg, a student currently at sixth form finishing off my A-Levels before going to university in October, where I will at last have access to a gym, whoot! While I'm not overweight, I'm probably on the higher side of average and would really like to get fit and generally become more awesome.

What sort of nerd am I? Probably mostly a gaming nerd with a little bit of band nerd and study nerd thrown in. I only have a laptop to game on, along with my PS2 and N64, so can't really play many new games. Medieval II Total War, Oblivion and a few MMORPGs are my favourites though. Sadly Skyrim is a bit sticky on my poor non-gaming laptop, but I've played it a bit, saving the rest for the day when I get a decent spec computer.

The 6 week challenges look like a great way to get motivated, as I generally start to relax with my diet after a few weeks and end up losing nothing again. Even though this one has already started, would I still be able to set up some goals and make a start on the real-life roleplay game? The thought of having a character to level up is really exciting to me. :-D

Hi! I came to visit your post! I loved band in high school too, though I did color guard which doesn't really count. And I feel your pain with Skyrim, it wouldn't really work on mine either so when everyone was playing it I just got to hear about it. Good luck with all your goals, it sounds like you are off to a really great start! College can be so much fun, with all kinds of fitness classes you can take, so that could be a good way to try things out! 

About the diet thing, I know sometimes I relax my diet (Christmas, I am looking at you) and then feel depressed about it afterwards, instead of getting back to it. Looks like you have a plan and  are avoiding that pitfall though, so good luck!

Yeah, that's more the aim I'm hoping for. It's more when you start refusing extra cake and people assume you're on a diet, not just trying to make healthier decisions. I've made one of my goals cutting back the amount of chocolate I let myself have, so slowly the habits should start changing. :)

One little step after another can amount to a huge distance!

About the diet thing, I know sometimes I relax my diet (Christmas, I am looking at you) and then feel depressed about it afterwards, instead of getting back to it. Looks like you have a plan and  are avoiding that pitfall though, so good luck!

It's okay to enjoy the holiday season! You don't gain weight between christmas and new year. Much Much more between new year and christmas. Just get back on track after you miss a step, you'll be alright :)

Level 4 Human Ranger

Archived