Forums are back in action! ×

I tripled my squat weight in 6 weeks

KiwiChick

Yeah  :kiwi-fruit: Happy little Kiwi Girl  :tongue:

After being back at the gym for the past 6 weeks I have been going to pump classes (the group fitness weights class to music), when I started I could do my squat track with 10kg on shoulders, and have been using 10kg for about 5 years as I thought that was all I was able to manage, but since joining NF last year I decided to push myself with harder weights and today I managed 30kg (I would just add more each class).  Today it was too heavy to get up onto my shoulders by myself but I got a stranger to give me a lift and it was fine once in position.  I think I will stick with this for a few weeks then get cranking it up again!

Now I have the bug I want to get into the 'mans gym' and see how much I might be able to squat max (not to music for 4-5mins).  

Exciting squat times ahead!

Traveling Scoutly inclined Druid

:pirate:   :kiwi-fruit:  :tyrannosaurus:  :kiwi-fruit:  :pirate:

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.â€â€• Oscar Wilde

Congrats for trying mooorrrreee!!  (It's not a man's gym...it's just the gym...)

Ditto. Once you join, it is your gym. No man, no human can stop you once that bug bites you!

LVL 3 Animagus Ranger
STR: 8.8 | DEX: 5.6 | STA: 6.25 | CON:8.55 | WIS: 6 | CH: 6

"Today is not tomorrow." -Unknown
Third Challenge: Victorious Valentine
Current Maxes(Female 160lb bwt): OHP 110x2, Squat 265x1, DL 275x1 , BP 140x1

Ditto. Once you join, it is your gym. No man, no human can stop you once that bug bites you!

Hehe i know but it is still a bit scary! I need to find a pt or gym buddy to show me what to do / moral support.

Yeah for the weight bug  :bee:

Traveling Scoutly inclined Druid

:pirate:   :kiwi-fruit:  :tyrannosaurus:  :kiwi-fruit:  :pirate:

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.â€â€• Oscar Wilde

Archived