Forums are back in action! ×

Long Time Gone - Running Woot

Hey all, sorry for the absence. Not sure what happened, but just got in a flow of other things mixed with the winter doldrums and kinda fell out of habit.

Good news though. I have not been slacking. In fact, this morning I ran my first 5k and I am ecstatic. I ran the entire course (didn't plan on it, but once I got going I decided not to stop). Total time of 33:39. That's a sub-11 minute mile. Seeing as just three months ago I was a pack-a-day smoker, I am floored. I even had just enough gas left to sprint at the end. I wish I had done it a bit sooner, it would have been cool to have a time of 33:33.

Hopefully now that spring has sprung I will be more active again. I'm looking forward to seeing how much progress everyone has made.

Later,

Aidan

I'm a Week Late and Pissed Off Challenge 

"What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." - Socrates

Aidan, welcome back, and congradulations!! I was wondering where you dissapeared to, turns out you were off being awesome.

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins